ColossaCon: Part 1

Max noticed a suspiciously familiar Captain Valor at ColossaCon. Max walked over to him.
"Jake?" Asked Max.
"How'd you know it was me?" Asked Jake.
"Because it is you, you're just wearing different clothes" said Max.
Amy and Hartley spotted Max and Jake in the crowd and walked over to them.
"Jake?" Asked Amy.
"No. It is I, Captain Valor" said Jake.
Amy pulled his mask down.
"Jake, What are you doing here? You said villains shouldn't be at ColossaCon" Said Amy.
"Hartley, why did you let her out of her handcuffs?" Asked Jake.
"I'm sorry, okay? It was an accident. I've never had a hostage before" said Hartley.
"Oh, you mean those really  weird fancy handcuffs that you had in your lair? How did you end up with those in the first place?" Asked Max.
"I got arrested in a foreign country once, which sucked, but hey, the handcuffs were fancy so I kept them as a souvenir" said Amy.
"You said you were good at not getting caught" said Max.
"I am, but when a country's parliament is burning down and you're stood outside with a recently used box of matches...people tend to have some questions" said Amy.
"Wait, what? Why did you burn down their parliament?" Asked Hartley.
"See? Questions. Because there was a challenge in evil teen magazine for who can burn down the most illegal place to burn down where the winner got a fun-sized candy bar and I was worried that burning down Congress would affect my plans to run for president. Okay, Hartley? Am I free from your judgement now?" said Amy.
"Your plans to...what?" Asked Hartley.
"Well, you know how I have great hair and I love lying and how I also love power?" Said Amy.
"Being president is a huge responsibility, Amy" said Hartley.
"Really? Would you do all the work for me?" Asked Amy.
"Sorry, I'm trying not to be such a pushover" Hartley laughed nervously.
"Why?" Asked Amy.
"You told me too" said Hartley.
"I did not think that through. I've changed my mind about running for president" said Amy.
"Phew" said Hartley in relief.
"What, are you saying that you wouldn't vote for me?" Asked Amy.
"Those are...technically not words that I have said. No" said Hartley and started trying and failing to whistle.
"So, you're, err, subscribed to Evil Teen Magazine? You know I'm the cover boy for it?" Said Max, hoping that she would be impressed.
"That's what you took from that conversation?" Asked Hartley.
"No, I also took that evil teen magazine is stingy with its prizes. I'm kind of ashamed to model for them now" said Max.
"As you should be, Max. They never even sent me that candy bar. And stop trying to flirt with me. Especially, right now, whilst you're dressed like my brother" said Amy.
Max had chosen to come to ColossaCon dressed as Chaos.
"Why are you dressed like me, Max?" Asked Jake.
"Yeah, Jake has a terrible sense of fashion" said Amy.
"I know but look at his confused face" said Max.
"He always looks like that, you haven't done anything" said Amy.
"I also didn't want to pay for a costume. I borrowed this from your basement" said Max.
"That's my real Chaos suit?" Asked Jake.
"You're lucky. He's the only guy in our family who wears underwear underneath those suits" said Amy.
"Noted" said Max, "...Are you dressed as Starling"?
Amy shuddered at the reminder and hid behind Hartley.
"Don't look at me! I'm hideous" said Amy.
"Jake, why are you in line to meet Starling?" Asked Hartley.
"I've thought about it and Amy's right. We're normal people now and I'm going to meet her as a normal person, You know, to get superhero intel" said Jake, "Anyway, I think the real question is, why are you here? It's not that hard to watch someone who's chained to the staircase"
"You should never have left me alone with her! She's literally a villain!" Said Hartley.
While they argued, Amy took the opportunity to slip away from them.
"She's gone" said Max.
"Why didn't you stop her!?" Asked Jake.
"I kinda wanted to see what would happen if I didn't" said Max.
They found her climbing on the frame of Starling's set.
"Hartley, I can't believe you let her get away again!" Said Jake.
"For someone trying to be a better person, you sure like to blame people" said Hartley.
"I know. Bad parents. I blame them" said Jake.