Trust

The Maddens all gathered in the lair, along with Hartley, who had come over to help them get through an evening dining with superheroes.
The doorbell rang.
"That's the Thundermans. What are we gonna do?" Said Eva.
"You could try answering the door" Hartley suggested.
"They'll kill us!" Said Eva dramatically.
"Oh, please. We could take them down easily" said Amy.
"Nobody is killing anybody. It's just one dinner - we are capable of acting like a normal family for that long - and Max will protect our secret".
"Capable of acting normal? Colby's a towel!" Said Amy.
"Are we sure we can trust Max?" Asked Eva, "For all we know, he could be a hero spying on us for his parents".
"I doubt that. He's the cover boy for evil teen magazine" said Vic, holding up Amy's magazine which had a picture of Max on the cover.
"They replaced me as cover boy for evil teen magazine?' Asked Jake.
"Of course they did, otherwise I wouldn't have bought a subscription to it" said Amy.
"Well, maybe that's because you're 'not evil anymore' or whatever" said Vic.
"Well, if he is a real supervillain, how do we know he's not working with Onyxe?" Said Amy.
"That's a good point" said Eva.
"I've come up with a solution to that" said Vic, unveiling a new invention, "This is my new Truth Extraction device" said Vic.
"Is it just a lie detector with extra buttons?" Asked Hartley.
"Yes" said Vic, "one of the extra buttons can set it to fry a person's brain if they lie to us".
Hartley looked horrified and grabbed the Truth Extraction Device panickally and set it to one side on a shelf.
"We'll call that plan B" said Hartley, smiling nervously. "In the meantime, why don't you just go and meet the Thundermans and ask Max nicely if he has any proof that he isn't working with Onyxe".
"Fine. Way to take the fun out of things, Hartley" said Eva, getting up to answer the door and the rest of the family followed her.