Meeting the Maddens

"Phoebe, tell Mom and Dad I'm gonna be late home, I'm going over to Jake's" said Max as Phoebe exited her final class of the day.
"I thought you said you found Jake annoying" said Phoebe.
"You're annoying and I live with you" Max shrugged. Phoebe rolled her eyes.
"You said I was annoying?" Asked Jake, who was standing right next to Max.
"That was ages ago" said Max awkwardly.
"That was two days ago" said Phoebe.
Jake looked at Max with his eyebrows raised.
"See, ages" said Max.
"By the way, Jake, thanks for your help the other day at the bridge.. umm... you know, because I heard about it on the news and just thought you were cool, It's not like I was there or anything" Phoebe rambled.
"...Okay. You're welcome?" Said Jake, somewhat confused by why she would thank him for a situation she wasn't a part of.
Phoebe noticed Max sneakily trying to take something out of her bag and slapped his hand away. He had grabbed a book of some sorts from it.
"Max, that's my diary!" Phoebe yelled at him, snatching it back.
"My band's out of material, I need it for song lyrics" said Max.
"Well, go and steal someone else's diary then. Or better yet, try getting some feelings of your own" said Phoebe.
"Amy, you don't happen to have a diary, do you?" Asked Max as she walked out of class.
"No, but if you'd like, you can read Jake's" Amy responded.
Max turned to Jake as though he was waiting for him to show him this diary.
"She's joking, I don't have a diary" said Jake, "And if you're in a band, shouldn't you be able to write songs for yourself?".
"Exactly" Phoebe agreed.
"Being in a band isn't about making music , It's about getting invited to all the house parties" said Max.
"Actually, I'm pretty sure they're about making music" said Jake.
"Are you in a band?" Asked Max.
"No".
"Then how would you know"?
"Touchè" responded Jake.

Vic, Amy, Jake and Max entered the Madden household.
Eva was sat at a coffee table, looking at a towel with a strange amount of concern. She looked up at her family and then pulled a confused face when she saw Max and started counting her children.
"Sorry, son, I've completely forgotten you" said Eva.
" You haven't met him before, Eva. This is Max. He's Jake's friend" said Vic.
"Oh. Yay. Parenting win for me, I remember all of my children's existences" said Eva cheerfully.
"Sup" said a voice that seemed to come from the towel on the coffee table.
"Did that towel just talk to me?" Asked Max.
"No!" Eva said loudly, and quickly hid the towel behind her back.
"You must be Surge" said Max excitedly.
"Vic?What's going on?" Asked Eva.
"Max is a supervillain too. He knows who we all are" Vic explained.
"Oh. How wonderful. Nice to meet you" Eva smiled, still holding the towel behind her back.
"Mom, you don't have to hide Colby anymore. He knows we have superpowers" said Jake.
"I know" said Eva, "But he's just such an ugly shade and he doesn't go with anything else in the house. I can't wait till he changes back to normal".
"How will that help, he's ugly all the time" Amy chimed in.
"Alright, fine, meet my youngest" said Eva, setting the towel down on the table.
"I'm Colby" said the towel.
"That's a talking towel" said Max, pointing at Colby.
"My brother is a shapeshifter" Jake explained.
"And not a very good one" Amy added.
"How about I show you the lair?" Said Vic.
"You have an evil lair too?" Asked Max enthusiastically.