Chapter 39: The Terror

Angelie's POV:

"I mean...it's about damn time that you thought about it."

"I know, I am still kind of nervous though."

"Dear friend, her answer is already pretty obvious to tell."

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the sunlight hitting me directly in the face, I annoyingly turned to the other side of the bed and tried sleeping again. Man, why am I suddenly so tired?

"I think she's awake."

"Wish me luck."

I didn't even bother to open my eyes as I heard footsteps approaching my bed. I hate to interrupt what they are talking about because it seems very interesting.

"You almost got me there, Kalia. She's still asleep, maybe we should get her breakfast."

"Seems like it, let's go."

I released a long sigh when I heard the footsteps retracing back, which made me open my eyes to peak at the door and saw no one in sight. My mouth let out a loud yawn as I stretched my body on my way up.

I wore the slippers under the bed and went to the door just to lean against it. What happened before my eyes really made every inch of my body awake, the place doesn't look gloomy anymore instead, there were colorful banners hanging everywhere.

"Great! You're awake, I need an extra hand." Anne grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me outside.

"What's going on?"

Anne confusedly faced me and let out a silly grin. "We won, sleepyhead! Our attack against the Council was a success."

Wait, what? I thought they will march first thing in the morning.

"Wait, I'm confused. Is it too soon to celebrate?"

"Angelie, you're weirding me out...are you sure you're fine?" Anne sat me down on the nearest chair while placing her palm against my forehead.

"No, Anne. This is weird."

I abruptly removed her palm and stood up from the chair. I decided to take a walk on the shore just to relax my mind, maybe it was just the sleepiness that is still inside me. On my way to the shore, my eyes strangely didn't catch any Remnants walking around because typically they are all over the place.

I looked behind from where Anne was and saw her hanging the banners like everything is just ordinary. I settled down on the sand and deeply breathed in the fresh air until the smell wasn't familiar to me anymore.

I weirdly looked around Valhalla and then suddenly I felt something an itching pain on my stomach. 

"What the..."

"Angelie! There you are, we've been looking for you!"

With my hand still pressed against my stomach with pain that I don't think I can bare anymore, I turned my body around and saw Chantel and the rest of the Remnants from a distance waiving their hands in the air.

I shielded my eyes from the sunlight to get a better look at them.

"Chantel?"

The moment I blinked, all of them are suddenly circling around me. I can't help but give them weird looks, even Anne and Clyde were there. Although they seem different from the rest...the Remnants don't have their face anymore like it was completely blank.

The pain in my stomach started to grow even more which made me fall to the ground. I looked back up at the nightmare before my eyes as they blocked the sunlight shining on me.

"Angelie..."

Who was that?

"ANGELIE!"

All of a sudden, everyone around me was sucked into something that left me alone. When I opened my eyes back again, I felt everything inside me on fire. I gasped for air as I felt sweat all over my body. 

"She's hyperventilating."

I can't feel my body. Why do I feel numb? 

"Quick, put this on her."

It was as if someone turned on the switch inside my brain that made me aware again of everything, but I wasn't at the shore anymore, I was back in my room. There were a number of beeping sounds coming from my left ear and a murmuring from my right.

"Angelie."

I squinted my eyes from the light coming from above me and focused it inside to the two figures standing beside my bed. 

"Angelie, can you see us now?"

It was Anne and she looked different from the nightmare I just had. Oh thank goodness, it was a nightmare.

I tried speaking but my mouth won't allow me. 

"It's okay, just nod or shook your head."

I nodded my head and watched Anne and the medic insert something from the needles punctured on my skin.

"You don't know how happy we are to see you wake up so soon." Anne cheerfully said that made me feel happy too, but the imagery of the nightmare I just had is still fresh. That's when I thought of asking about the person I was expecting to hear from.

I reached out for Anne and pointed the paper from the table. I started writing Chantel's name and Anne easily got what I was asking.

"She and the rest of the Remnants went to the Council at dawn. I decided to stand down so that I can be here with you." Anne rested her palm at top of mine which made me smile.

"Anyway, now that you're finally conscious, I and the medic will do other procedures just to keep you in a better state, alright?"

I nodded. Anne gave me a look with happiness in her eyes before she and the medic started to do what they had to do.

"Let's get you back to being alive and kicking." Anne cheered which made me laugh inside.

Oh, I'm pretty alive right now.