Chapter 31: The Disguise

Chantel's POV:

"I'm sorry but we're not allowing guests for today."

I blankly stared at the security standing in front of me. He was about to open his mouth again when I aimed for his throat which made him violently gag. I dragged his body all the way to the very corner of this place where there was no one to be seen.

Next to us was a vacant room, I dragged him again as he kept on clawing at my wrist. 

"Y-you're not one of us!" He croaked out, making me laugh a little bit at his situation.

"And you don't deserve this world." 

With one last menacing look on his face, I spun and kicked him directly to his face which made him blackout in no matter of time. I bent down to the floor and quickly removed his clothes.

It might be a risky plan, but it's my only way to have access around here. I might also have the chance to see where they are holding both Anne and Angelie, and then all of us could get away from here.

Luckily, the uniform fits me well, so I left the security in the room who is now wearing my clothes. I composed myself and did the face all the security has, stoic and careless. I passed a couple of rooms but none of them show signs of Angelie and Anne. 

I traipsed to the hallway where a group of security was standing tall. My eyes looked at what was behind them and saw a tall wooden door. One of the security caught my presence and scolded me for not falling behind them.

"Cadet, back to your position."

I firmly held a nod and stood next to the other security who has the same uniform as me. I was hoping that the security I just made unconscious came from a higher rank, but this will do.

From where we are standing, I can still hear faint voices from inside the room although we are standing a little away from the door. It started with one voice until it was three and then all the people inside the room were shouting in unison.

The security who noticed me earlier spoke to the same device that Angelie has shown me before. He did something with his hands that I don't have any idea what it was about until all of them went to burst the door open.

The room was very spacious with only a long and large table sitting in the middle. My head swept to the direction where all of them are paying their attention at. 

Oh, Angelie, what have you done?

I watched as Angelie fell to the ground and the thing she was holding dropped to the floor. My eyes followed the person who kept on apologizing and crying after Angelie, that must be her father.

My blood started to boil at the sight of him, but I was more worried about what is happening to Angelie.

"Requesting medic at room 402." 

I gulped and walked closer to where they are but a cadet stopped me from going in further. He shook his head no and all I can do was helplessly watch Angelie being lifted to a stretcher.  The security then immediately took Angelie's father and brought him outside the room.

"Cadet, let's move." I didn't realize that I was the only person standing inside the room until security called my attention.

I walked to the door and saw the medics carrying Angelie to the left hallway while Clyde was being dragged to the right hallway.

"Cadets, on me." 

We followed the head security and marched down the stairs. The environment we are walking in seems to be different so I bet that we are entering the further part of the Council. 

Each of the caders started to disperse and I was just standing there like a lost puppy, maybe I should have asked Angelie and Anne about their trainees here.

"Cadet, on your post." The same security from earlier intensely eyed me. I gave him a firm nod and stood in a space where no one is standing on it.

The head security nodded to each one of us before leaving. I can already smell the awkwardness around the place. The other cadets keep on looking at each other like they are clueless about what will happen.

Right, these are only kids.