5- SURPRISE!

Part 5: Surprise!

The two girls pulled into the Hard Deck's parking lot. It was filled with cars, it must be busy inside. Before Ana and Phoenix went in they made sure to fix their hair that had been blown everywhere from the wind.

"Come on girl you look great! I bet you'll find a guy tonight. You always manage to." Phoenix protested

"Hold on. Let me just reapply some lip gloss" she said looking into the mirror

Phoenix rolled her eyes looking at her friend.

Ana put down the lipgloss, "ok we can go in now," and that they did.

Immediately Natasha and Ana found their way up to the bar and went to order their usual drinks. But Ana stopped them before they reached the bar.

"Phoenix" Ana said grabbing her arm right before they got up to the bar. She pulled Phoenix back in the direction that they came in.

"Ana stop what are you doing," she wanted to keep walking but she saw the nervous face that her friend was making and just went with her.

"Mavericks here."

"What?"

"Maverick. Captain Pete Mitchell is here. Aka the man who sent me and Rooster back 4 years by pulling our applications. You know the man that my aunt unfortunately married?" she said very stressed

"Yeah I know the guy. Heard you complain about him many times. He's here?" She looked towards the bar.

"Yes! The guy with the pilot jacket." She pointed him out

"Come on let's go to the other side of the bar then. Ah there's Penny. Let's go to her."

After calming Ana down a bit they made their way to the bar to go say hi to Penny and order a drink.

"Oh my gosh. Penny?" Stated Ana surprised trying to act like she just saw her.

"Rogue? Phoenix? Is that you?" Questioned Penny.

"Sure is Penny. Had orders to come back to Top Gun for a mission." Nat explained.

"Good to see you Pen! Is Amelia still around here somewhere?" Ana asked looking around.

"No she's at home right now. I will make sure to tell her that her favorite pilot Rogue has returned to Fightertown. So anyways what can I get you gals? Free round for everyone, this was done by Mavericks doing."

Ana just tried to forget about Maverick. The pure thought of him made her blood boil. He better not be the mystery instructor. She would quite literally walk out of the room.

"I'll have a beer, any kind is good." Phoenix answered noticing her friend trying to keep down her anger.

"Margarita for me. Nothing strong. Already had a lot of strong drinks last night, and I don't need to repeat that again." She laughed.

"Send a drunk text?" Phoenix asked trying to get away from the topic of Maverick.

"You know it. Apparently I met a person that looked like Harry Potter and I thought that he did some magic. Nothing really new for drunk me." Phoenix's idea had worked. Ana was now distracted.

"I would pay to see that encounter. Poor dude that had to get harassed by you."

"No no no that's not it. I sent the drunk audio message to Rooster and I frickin said that him and Harry Potter were alike because they are both orphans." She clasped her hand over her mouth as she said it out loud realizing just how bad it was and she laughed.