23: GRIEVING

*for those who have been here since the beginning of my posting I wanted to let you know I changed their ages by a bit. Going into this story I had no idea where I would go with this, but now I do and I realized I royally messed up with the dates. So here is the new information:
- Ana and Bradley= 33 years old
-The year and date this is taking place is August 2017(not 2019)
And yeah that's basically it I think. So sorry for the inconvenience.*

Sarah gasped covered her mouth just as Ana had done moments ago. "Now that is one h*ll of a f*cking sign that you need to go on that mission." She removed her hand from her mouth pointing her pointer finger right at her face.

"Yeah." Ana seemed like she was starstruck, "I swear it wasn't there when I got here. I laid right in front of this table. I would've been staring straight at it."

"I'm telling you it's him sweetheart. He wants you to go on the mission. You know he was always very clear."

"Yeah he was." She sat there in shock for awhile thinking about how crazy the sign was. Tom for sure did work fast, and made his point clear. "Ok I'll go. But for him, to make him proud."

"Oh honey you already do. Everyday you do." She pulled her back into a hug with Ana was still holding the battleship game piece for her life. She was making a promise in her head that the game piece that was Tom's would go anywhere she went. To bring him with her, and just for good luck.

"Thanks." They stayed there hugging, comforting each other. "It doesn't feel real. It doesn't feel like he's gone."

"I know. I know. I wish he was here." They both were now crying again. That's what is was going to be like for the rest of the month, crying off and on.

"It just feels like he's in his office right now doing work or playing those stupid weekly crossword puzzles." She slipped out a small laugh looking back at the memory.

"It does doesn't it." Sarah laughed a bit too.

"Can we sleep out here tonight? I don't want to be alone."

"Of course." Sarah was glad she had brought up the idea. She didn't even know if she could step foot into their room that day. She couldn't. So when Ana went upstairs to grab her pillows and blankets Sarah just grabbed blankets from the blanket cabinet.

Ana walked into her room, but she stood in the doorframe for a couple seconds still with tears in her eyes. Each night Ice had tucked her in to bed when she was younger. She wished that he could tuck her in one more time. Memories filled her bedroom.

When in their teenage years Ice, Sarah, Carole and Maverick became more strict on sleepovers. Bradley and Ana weren't allowed to sleepover together for obvious reasons. But did that mean they listened? Hell no. There were many times that Bradley had lied to Carole that he was staying at a guy friends house but he actually went to Ana's. Ana would pick up Bradley since she had gotten her license first. She would always park a block away waiting for him to walk to her car. Running to the car Bradley always looked like he had just robbed a place. Wearing a backpack and running while looking back to make sure his mother didn't see. After picking him up they would usually stop for food or ice cream every time.

When they got back to the Kazansky household Ana would park her rather fancy car in 1 out of the 6 garage stalls. But before pulling into the driveway Bradley would hop in the back seat and lay down so he had no chance of Ice or Sarah seeing him. Not that he would admit it Bradley was very much afraid of getting caught by Ice. So he took every measure to make sure he didn't catch him. Once Ana had turned off the car Bradley would sneak out of the garage around the backyard making it to where he could climb up on the roof. After he was on the roof Bradley made his way to Ana's bedroom window to wait for her to open it up. It usually took her a bit because she was saying goodnight to Ice and Sarah.