4- CLOSE CALLS

Part 4- Close Calls

Mountains. Ana was driving through the mountains. She absolutely loved them. There was just something so majestic about them. She was absolutely enjoying life right now. The top of the Jeep off with the wind blowing her locks all over. Ana was wearing her aviators to block the sun from her rather sensitive eyes. She was driving when she got an alert on her Jeep that she was low on gas.

"Ah sh¡t every goddamn time!" she cursed at herself.

Luckily she was just going by a gas station so she stopped to fill up her tank. After filling it up Ana strolled on into the gas station to get her favorite road trip drink: a large Dr Pepper. Something about it just hit different on the road in the middle of nowhere.

She payed for her Dr Pepper and made her way to her Jeep. Overhead she heard a plane go zooming by. She recognized it to be a navy aircraft. She pondered what the pilot was up to up there.

Rooster was flying over some really pretty mountain ranges, he was admiring their beauty while jamming out to songs that he had memorized by heart. Under him was nothing, nothing but flat lands with a gas station randomly off the highway. God he would kill for a Dr Pepper right now. Ana had gotten him hooked on them once they were able to start driving. Whenever they could they would go into the gas station and get a Dr Pepper before or during a road trip.

He checked his navigation system. Sweet he was only 7 minutes from the base.

Ana got back into her car and started up the GPS again, 1 hour left.

"Yay almost done!" she raised her arms up in victory.

Before she could put her car into drive she got a text message from Phoenix. Yesterday Ana had asked her if she had been going on the same mission. Which she found out she was, she was very happy with this. Natasha was one of her closest pilot friends expect for Bradley.

Phoenix- Just got to the apartments! They are actually pretty nice surprisingly. When do you get here?

Ana- Be there in around an hour :)

Phoenix- So excited to see you Rogue!

Phoenix quickly switched text messages to let Bradley know when Ana would be arriving so he wouldn't run into her. He had let her in on the secret that he was coming. He wouldn't be able to pull it off without her help

Phoenix- Ana's getting here in around an hour. So either make it here fast or wait till I tell you it's all clear

There was no response since Rooster was flying overhead.

After her small encounter with Nat through text messages Ana whipped her Jeep around and sped off in the direction that the navigation system was pointing her towards.

30 minutes later

Rooster- Got it. I'm just going to go spend time at the beach then. Let me know when she's busy

Phoenix- will do!

Another 30 minutes later Ana pulled up to the apartments and she wanted to run out to hug Nat who she saw waiting in the front of the apartments.

"Nat!" screamed Ana as she unbuckled and ran out of her car.

They embraced in a big hug that made up for all the hugs between the three years that they hadn't seen each other since Top Gun.