22: MEMORY LANE

All Ana felt was warm arms wrapping themselves around her as she violently sobbed on the floor. Not caring who it was at that point she didn't look to see who it was, she knew it was Mav.

"It's going to be alright Ana. It's going to be alright." He tried to comfort her.

"No no it's not real. It's not real." She sobbed rocking her body back and forth holding onto Mavericks arm. "He is not gone! He is at home right now! I need to call him." She paused between sobs trying to get her phone out of one of her many pockets.

"Ana." He grabbed her hands. "He's gone, he's not at home. He's gone."

"Let go of me! I just want to call Tom. I want to call my dad! Let me go!"

"Ana he's not going to answer."

"No he's going to answer. He's fine. He's fine. He had up to 3 weeks left I heard them. And he's Iceman, he won't die from cancer." Her sobs increased as she continued to rock herself back and forth for some sort of comfort.

"He can't be dead Mav. He just can't be." She now was sobbing again uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry."

They sat there with Maverick holding her crying self for over a half hour. "Want do you need me to do for you Ana?" He asked once her sobs finally started to slow down.

"Bradley. I need Bradley." She hiccuped due from all the crying. "He's out with Sam. Dammit." She put her hands in her face putting on pressure then sliding them down her face still crying.

"Call him he'll answer."

While crying she said, "I'll try I guess."

Grabbing her phone out of her flight suit she pulled up Bradley's contact once she turned on the phone while wiping her tears again. She rung his phone and it only took a couple seconds for him to answer.

"Bradley!" She sobbed, "I need you back here. Now." Her throat was burning from trying to keep back more tears and talk.

"I'm sorry but Bradley can't come to the phone right now." The Tasmanian Devil voice of Sam spoke. "He's busy. We're busy on our date. Call him later. Kk? Bye." She was for sure a b*tch now.

"F*ck you." She growled into her phone and threw it across the room without hanging up first.

"Woah woah woah Ana. What happened."

"Bradley's b*tch of a girlfriend!" She told him putting her head into her knees.

Maverick kneeled down next to her in silence not knowing what to say to her anymore. The truth was that he was really hurting as well. Iceman had been one of his closest friends and now he was gone. But he wanted to hold up a strong front for Ana, she was Ice's daughter after all.

"Can you just bring me to Sarah's? I need to be with her right now." She wiped her tears standing up. "Of course. But we'll have to ride my motorcycle."

She nodded while Maverick stood up right next to her. He put a hand on her back and lead her in the direction towards the parking lot.

Maverick knew the drive by heart to the Kazansky mansion, they were there within no time. Watching her get off the motorcycle he felt like he shouldn't go in, it was more of a family matter type of time. Not time for friends to visit.

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me. Call me if you need somone to talk to. Or just call me."

Again she nodded and made her way to the front door practically running for Sarah.