Chapter 12: Hurt

Chapter 12: Hurt

The next morning I lay in bed. I had awoken early, memories of the previous night flooding back to me. I turned to face Eric. He lay on his back arm thrown over his eyes. I rolled to my side and watched him. He was so peaceful in his sleep. Last night was an eye opener for me. He told me my purpose and promised not to keep anything from me anymore. I guess you could say it was official, we were a thing now. He was so passionate. Knowing what I know now maybe I would have acted different toward him. I mentally scolded myself for holding back with him all this time. Our evening kiss goodbye had led to this. Me waking up with him in my bed. I don't think either of us could hold back against that feeling any longer.

The kiss had deepened and neither of us wanted to let go. Before I knew it I was laid down on my bed him towering over me. With as hard as man that Eric was I was surprised at how delicate he was in that moment. Our hands roamed each other. Our clothes disappeared. I was mesmerized by every muscle laid out on his chest. His touch sent the right amount of spark through my body. The sensation was better than I had imagined. He moved against me quick and I gasped. My back arched against him. He was slow at first, allowing me to get accustom to the feeling. It didn't take long before his moments were fast and deep. I couldn't contain that cry that escaped my lips when I reached my peek. He groaned into my neck moments later as he reached his. We fell asleep in each other arms. I smiled at the memory of it all.

"You're happy this morning." I broke from my day dreaming and glanced up at him. He had turned to face me. I smirked and moved closer. His arms wrapped around me as he brought me in for a kiss. I groaned when it ended. I knew I was never going to get enough of him ever. "What's today?" he asked.

"Thursday." My fingers traced the outline of his muscles of his chest. He laced his land with mine and brought it to his lips.

"I'm going to have Peter and Tris fight today." I sat up abruptly causing him the chuckle.

"That's hardly fair Eric." I couldn't believe it, Peter was one of the stronger competitors and Tris was one slot away from making it. Saturday would determine who made it to the second stage of training. If Tris continued with more guidance she would be in.

"She needs to be taught a lesson." He said, his hands wandering over me. I swatted them away and he smirked. "There will be a deeper lesson than just the fight, trust me." He sat up and leaned in to kiss me, I stopped him.

"No, that letter I got says I'm in charge now, not you, so no." He sighed and nodded.

"Then she will fail initiation." I ran a hand through my hair. He was right, she needed to prove herself more. Maybe this was a good way to do it. It would be supervised.

"She is going to get hurt Eric." He nodded.

"I know, I want to see how hard she can get hit and keep moving forward." He had a point, around here you could be the toughest bad ass the world had to offer but if you couldn't get up and continue to fight for yourself you were nothing. "Let them fight, if she recovers and makes it to war games, she can stay."

"I forgot that scoring is between the three of us not just me." He nodded.

"We all have to agree by Saturday night on who makes in to stage two of training." I nodded and he leaned in and kissed me. "Shower with me?" He said when he broke the kiss and I nodded. We had to get to work, it was almost seven. We were late either way. Eric didn't understand how to keep his hands to himself. When we finally made it to the training area, Four had begun pairing of individuals. He didn't say anything about our lack of timeliness and we continued through the day. The thought of Peter and Tris fighting made me sick to my stomach. The day continued without Eric saying a word about it. I had a feeling it would be at the last moment of the day.