Chapter 9: More Questions

"You're the light, you're the night

You're the color of my blood

You're the cure, you're the pain

You're the only thing I wanna touch

Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

You're the fear, I don't care

'Cause I've never been so high

Follow me through the dark

Let me take you past our satellites

You can see the world you brought to life, to life"

"We have a faction meeting tomorrow." He said softly. I had made my way to his apartment after I had finished my bath. We had ate and shared apologies about what had happened that day. He did have more mood swings than most men. It was like whiplash. I was leaned up against him on the couch. I was stretching my legs out as he played with a strand of hair. This was relaxing. Just being with him, alone, in silence was perfect.

"Where at?" I knew that faction meetings happened at least once a month and at a different faction each time. It was to share information and to see if the factions needed anything from each other. I remembered seeing people around when I was a child. I paid no attention to it until now.

"Your favorite place." I groaned. I did not want to go back to Amity. He laughed. "You will go voluntarily but not when you are required to." I shook my head. I did not want to go to the place of no answers.

"I went for different reasons." I whispered. My fingers played with the back of his hand.

"I would like to know those reasons." I rolled my eyes.

"Why so you can tell Max?" I felt his intake of breath. I sighed. "I'm sorry." I sat up and ran my hands through my hair. I was having a hard time trusting him. Jeanine knew about me, he always talked to Max about me.

"I only tell if he asks, I cannot keep information from him Avery." He turned to me. I knew that he was obligated to share information with Max just as much as I was.

"I know." I stood, stretching some more. I was sore and in pain. Looking to the clock I sighed. "I got to go." I made my way to the door.

"No goodbye kiss?" He asked sweetly and approached me. I smiled. It was moments like this that made me love him more. Kissing him I groaned. The need was still evident between both of us to complete our desire with one another. It wasn't time. I still had yet to ask him if we were in a relationship. Honestly, if we were to this point I would say yes we were. "Stay with me tonight." He said as he broke the kiss. I shook my head no, I knew it could lead elsewhere. He sighed. He was trying to be patient and I only hoped he knew I felt the same way. "I just want to be with you." He whispered before claiming another kiss.

"You are." I didn't ask it, I stated it. He smiled down to me and nodded. I reluctantly left. We would have to leave early to make it to Amity on time tomorrow morning. Sleep came slow and we were all soon on the train headed to the Amity village. All the Dauntless leadership shared conversation with one another. Four had the initiates going over weapons today. He was an expert and did not need too much of our help. The walk to Amity was long and hot. I flung my jacket over my shoulder and most of the leaders followed the example. We reached the Amity village and saw that most of the other factions had made it there as well. Erudite pulled up in their fancy cars. I noticed that Eric's father stepped out of one of the cars. I had forgotten that he was and Erudite leader as well. We entered the meeting barn which was cooler than outside. An Amity boy was offering water to everyone.