Chapter 2: Changing

"Tell me something I need to know

Then take my breath and never let it go

If you just let me invade your space

I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain"

"OW!" I winced in pain, flinching away from the hands at my temple. I had gone to see Tori after my match with Eric. I knew she would have some healing serum.

"So you going to tell me what happened?" She asked. It was the second time since I had arrived. I looked away. I don't know why it felt strange to tell her I had just fought Eric but, that was Dauntless. Tori knew everything about me. After my initiate training, she and I became close, not to mention she was my tattoo artist. She knew how I had felt about Eric when I first came to Dauntless and how I grew to love and now hate him. Although my hate was shifting back to love. Was it love? I sighed and let her go back to rubbing solution over the cut on my temple. "There will be a scar." She said and groaned, a scar on my face great. "I can cover it up for you." She recommended.

"How?" I wasn't the type for facial tattoos.

"Pierce your brow." She said moving back. "I can put some studs in the cut and let the solution heal around it." It made sense. Better than having a gun placed to your temple and shooting it into your skull.

"I don't know." I reached up to touch the wound. I had thought about piercing my face before but was against it. Seemed to extreme for me.

"Oh come on Avery." She said with a laugh. "You've been wanting your brow pierced ever since you laid eyes on Eric." Shit. She was right and I grinned back at her. My face turned red. These feelings were coming back and I didn't want them too. Or did I? "You still have a thing for Eric right, even with your aggressive past." She meant my initiate training. He had made it hell every day, almost forcing me out. There were many days that ended in me face down on the ground or being held back from killing him. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't really have a thing for him anymore." I said and turned my gaze away from her but she held hers. She was giving me the look. The, I know your full of shit, look. "Well, I don't like him that way anymore." Turning back to her, she held the look. "Ok maybe a little." The look remained and it made me crack. "OK! I'll admit that I had my falling out with this crush thing but, its coming back." She smirked and shook her head. I was truly conflicted with everything. He had done so much to wrong me in the past I didn't want to like him but yet I did.

"So do you want the piercings or not?" She asked turning to her tools. I shrugged. Why not? I chose a few smaller studs from her choices. Soon I had a row of four piercings above my right eyebrow. From a distance you could not tell but up close it was an ok decoration for the face. Tori said that it made me fit in. I hadn't done much to change my appearance like the rest of the initiates had done. I had gotten my ears pierced and a few tattoos on my back but that was it. Looking in the mirror before leaving I decided on one last change. My hair. I had wanted to change it but, never had the chance. Tori agreed and I let her dye it black.

I walked back to my apartment stiff. My wounds were setting in. I had spent too much time at Tori's place. Walking down the long hall way I passed Eric's apartment. I did every day. Was it strange we were next door neighbors? He was still up judging by the light under his door. I shook my head of the thought of stopping by. We had just fought, space is what we needed. As I continued by, his door shot open with some force causing me to jump back. Light flooded the hallway.

"Come on let me stay tonight." It was a female voice. Blinking a few times to adjust to the light I looked back as I approached my door. Jessica. She was another Dauntless leader.