Chapter 6: More and More

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me"

God it felt amazing. Being pressed up against him. His arms wrapped tightly around me, keeping us together. We had barely made it back into his apartment before he was kissing me. My hands framed his face as the kiss continued. I felt my back press up again his door. I groaned this was too much at once. The kiss deepened. My hands moved down his face to his neck and chest resting there. The banquet was a disaster thanks to your truly. Well not completely but in my mind it was. He made the night worth it though. I broke away from the kiss with a gasp. We were both breathing heavy. I knew what he wanted and trust me I was ready to give it to him. The need having been there since day one. It needed to be fed. With what had been revealed to me tonight about the plan with the Erudite still pained me. Why did Jeanine know about my defiance? I knew that Eric had a part of it.

"What?" He asked softly and shook my head moving away from him. I could feel his eyes on my back as I walked over to his couch. Tripping over my own feet. Damn these heals. Falling into the couch I growled to myself. I could hear him laugh softly behind me.

"Shut up." I was laughing too as I pulled the heals from my feet. He disappeared over to the kitchen and returned with a few glasses and a bottle. He set the glasses down on his coffee table and began to pour a clear liquid into them. I wasn't a fan of liquor but I did not mind to partake. "Eric, I'm sorry for tonight." I said as he handed me a glass. He just shrugged and took his own drink in hand and gulped it. I played with the glass in my hand for a moment before looking at him.

"Jeanine will get over it." He said still gulping at his drink before finishing it off. He was pouring his second before I took a single sip. I took a gulp of mine quickly and set my glass back on the table. He was going in for another gulp as I gripped his hand stopping him.

"No, I put you in a bad situation." I moved closer. "I should have kept my mouth shut." I took his glass from him and took a gulp. He raised an eyebrow at my actions and watch me put the glass on the table. "I will be a part of the program." I said without thinking. I don't know why I suddenly agreed to do it but something willed me forward. The questions I had needed to be answered. Maybe I could help him, or stop a massacre. I only knew I had to do something.

"Really?" He asked and smirked. He raised his hand and brushed his fingers across my cheek.

"On my own terms, Eric." I said as he leaned forward. The liquor had made me dizzy. I was a true light weight. He nodded and claimed another kiss. Heat flew through my body and I pulled away. "What's in that stuff?" He laughed and grabbed his glass drinking it.

"Only the good stuff." I reached for my glass and sipped at it. "I think it used to be called vodka." I nodded. The old world existed in the back of my mind. "You need to get out of that dress."

"You don't say." I said turning to him. His arms were around me again and he pulled me closer. The glasses disappeared. His lips were on mine. The kisses did not lack in need for either of us. His hands found the zipper to my dress and began to pull. Something in me stopped him. He looked at me questionably. "I'm sorry." I gasped and stood up, wobbling as I walked to the door. I don't know why my mind and body didn't agree at that moment.