Chapter 5: The Banquet

"Going out tonight

Changes into something red

Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress

Everything she never had she's showing off

Driving too fast

Moon is breaking through her hair

She said it was something that she won't forget

Having no regrets is all that she really wants"

I stood in front of my mirror. It was 645 and I was waiting for the knock on the door. Tori had finally found me a dress that I would wear. It was a deep shade of red, strapless and sheer. It flowed down to the floor and had a slight train behind me. It wasn't anything fancy, it was actually really simple. Tori did my hair and make-up. Simple again. I still hated her for what she had done at the store earlier. My hair fell in soft waves down my back and my eyes were colored and lined to match the dress. I wore no jewelry for the simple fact that my piercings and tattoos on my shoulders would have sufficed. I left the bathroom and walked over to my open window. The sun was setting. I fidgeted with my hands. Tori wasn't wrong to say that I would have regretted not going but I still did not want to go. I felt vulnerable in what I was wearing. Like a target. I sighed when I heard my door click shut. Again with the no knocking. I didn't face him. I focused on my hands and attempted to get my breathing under control. I felt his fingers brush my back.

"I had no idea you had these." He said softly. I had random tattoos along my shoulders. Birds in flames. It all made sense to me an image of my past. I nodded. I couldn't face him. He must have sensed my apprehension and came to stand in front of me. I looked up. Damn. He was hansom. Freshly showered and shaved. He wore all black as usual. A nice dress shirt he left open at the collar and vest paired with it. New slacks, new shoes. I smirked. I guess everyone was going all out for this. "You look beautiful." I blushed.

"So do you." I replied and he smirked. "I mean you look hansom." I sputter over my words.

"So finally you have nothing smart to say?" He asked stepping forward. No. No I didn't. I had to ask though.

"Why me?" He raised an eyebrow in question. "Earlier this week we were fighting and now this." I motioned to the both of us all dressed up in garb you would probably never see us in again. He smiled.

"I can't keep fighting off the feeling." I looked up at him. What feeling? "Every time your near, I feel that spark, the electricity." He moved the final inches toward me, his hand raised as he brushed the hair from my face. He liked doing that. "You sparked my attention since day one." What! This wasn't happening. No way. "I had to wait until you became something, to say anything." He finished closing the gap. I gasped as our lips connected. My mind screamed at me in excitement. I understood what he was telling me. He was a leader when we first met and it was just a hard on him not pursue how he felt as it was for me. He pulled me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around him as he deepened the kiss. He broke away from me and leaned his forehead against mine. I admit it. I wanted more. I had this craving for him for so long and now I finally had it fulfilled.

"Come one." He stepped back. "We don't want to be late." He laced his fingers with mine and pulled me along with him. Oh right, the banquet. I still didn't want to go. Maybe we could just stay here and do more productive things I thought. The argument wouldn't stand. Soon I found myself ushered into a car that the Erudite had provided. Eric kept his fingers laced with mine. I had never been too Erudite before. I had seen the building glow in the distance after hours but that was it. I knew I would stay glued to Eric the entire night. He was a faction transfer from Erudite. I could only imagine how he felt returning home. Sooner than I could blink we were in the banquet hall. Eric escorted me over to where Max and his date were. Max barley recognized me and was amused that I was Eric's date.