Welcome Back, Cougars

"Jesus Alex... What the hell were you thinking?!" I muttered to myself as I splashed water on my face. "I almost kissed Lucy and not only that, I'm completely losing my mind!" I slapped my forehead. "What the hell is going on?" I asked myself with a sigh.

Luckily, I found myself that I was alone.

I almost kissed Lucy... I was so close...Yet, she didn't stop me... Does that mean she still likes me...? After all this time?

My hopes were getting higher and higher as I thought of the possibility.

No... That's crazy... She's with Richard. Why would you get in a relationship when you still like someone? Then again, I'm with Jessica. Plus, she deserves better... and Richard is better for her than me...

I sighed and splashed my face once more before drying and walking back out. All three of them were waiting for me.

Jessica smiled and kissed my cheek.

"The movie finished honey... You didn't miss much" she giggled. I smiled a bit and nodded. "I guess, it's time to go home?" I asked Richard, not looking at Lucy. He smiled and nodded. "It's pretty late, yeah" he grabbed Lucy's hand and started walking towards the car.

I grabbed Jessica's hand and started to follow as well.

Before I knew it, we were in Jessica's driveway once more. We both got out of the car and walked towards her front door.

"Thank you for the gifts" she smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. "You chose and bought them yourself" I chuckled. She laughed and nodded.

"So... Did you hear about that "Welcome Back, Cougars" dance?"

"Yes and I was just thinking-"

"I would love too" she kissed me. I closed my eyes, trying to find something in it.

Nada.

I broke the kiss and smiled. "Then, we shall see you on Saturday" I winked, trying to play off the kiss that happened.

"We?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure Richard is going with Lucy and Jacob already asked a girl so yes, we" I raised an eyebrow. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Does Lucy really have to go? I mean, can't Richard take someone else?" she pouted some more. I forced a smile and took a deep breath.

"Look honey... Lucy and Richard are together and are going to the dance together... okay? Me and you are going together" I kissed her; trying to find anything once again.

No such luck.

I broke it and flashed a smile before heading back towards the car. "I love you!" I heard her call out as I shut the door. "What was that about?" Richard asked me.

"Oh I just asked her to the stupid dance that's all" I shrugged my shoulders. Richard widens his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Shit... I forgot all about it..."

"Dance?" Lucy asked curiously. Richard smiled and nodded. "Well, I know it's not the proper way to ask, but you wanna go to the dance with me?".

"Umm... See, I uh..." she started to blush before leaning in his ear to whisper something. A few seconds later, Richard laughed and kissed the top of her forehead.

"Oh Lucy... Don't worry! Me and Alex will teach you! We taught Jacob, didn't we, dude?" he nudged my shoulder. I looked at him with a confused look.

"She claims that she doesn't know how to dance" he stated. I felt the ends of my lips curl into a smile. "Of course we will".

"So, will you go?" Richard asked her once more. She smiled and nodded. "As long as you guys teach me" she giggled.

I smiled; wishing that I did kiss her. "Then, we'll pick you on Saturday, okay?" Richard kissed her forehead once more before backing up the car and started to drive.