Mrs. Wolfe

Lucy's Perspective

"Hmm... Does Richard like Pepsi or Coke more?" I asked myself, grabbing a water bottle for Alex.

"I'm more a Coke fan" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to find Richard smiling while leaning against the doorway. I laughed and nodded.

"Good choice" I said as I threw him a can.

He caught it with one hand and winked. "Thanks" he opened and started to drink. I blushed a bit and went to grab another for myself.

"So, like I was saying, you can do so much better than James" he walked a bit closer to me. I opened my own can and gulped down a few sips.

"I know... But he's one of the very few that actually have the balls to ask me" I giggled. Richard smiled and took another step forward.

"And..? What if I asked you..? What would your answer be?" he smiled. I widen my eyes and looked down.

You like Alex. You like Alex... But I need to get over him. He has a girlfriend already and he clearly doesn't like me the same way... One date with Richard wouldn't kill, and he's a pretty cool guy, I reasoned with myself.

I smiled and nodded. "I would tell you that I don't like going fast on the first date"

He smiled big.

"Then, I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow" he winked once more and went back outside. I sighed and shook my head while smiling. I turned around to find Alex's mother walking in the kitchen.

"Oh! Hello, Mrs. Wolfe" I said kindly. She smiled and gave me a hug. "How are you, Lucy? My... How beautiful you have gotten" she told me.

I blushed and smiled. "I'm okay... Just trying to catch up what happened the past month" I smiled. She laughed a bit and nodded.

"Much has changed since you've left" she said seriously. I sighed and nodded. "I know..." was all I replied back.

"Lucy..?"

"Yes, madam?"

"... Why did you agree to go out with Richard, even though you like my boy?" she asked with curiosity. I blushed and looked down. "...Well, it's like you said... A lot of things had changed... Even feelings and relationships..." I sighed.

"So, what you're saying is that you don't like my boy anymore?"

"....No... I still do. It's just he doesn't feel the same"

She smiled kindly. "How do you know?"

"W-What?"

"How you do know, sweetie?"

I sighed and looked at her. "He has a girlfriend... Why would he be with her if he still had feelings for me?" I explained.

She frowns. "I don't like that girl. Every time he comes home, he always looks as if he was miserable. Whenever we are eating and he gets a call from her, he puts a face as if he doesn't want to answer" she told me. I nodded and look down.

"Look Mrs. Wolfe... They like each other... I interfered once, and I'm not going to do it again...Plus, it's like I said, he doesn't like me the same way anymore" I sighed and grabbed the rest of the drinks.

She smiled sadly and grabbed the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate.

"And I asked you; how do you know?"

"When he had to decide if I leave or stay, he rather had me leave and when I stayed, he came back all mad...He doesn't like me the same"

"Oh honey... You don't even know" she smiles and went outside.

I sighed a little while laughing a bit and followed after her. After handing the guys their drinks, I sat down in my seat; Richard already changed his seat next to mine.

"S'mores time!!" Daniel yelled and we all started to roast our marshmallows.