Pain in the Chest

Alex's Perspective

Don't kill him. Don't kill him. Lucy is his, not mine. Crap.

I sighed heavily once more; trying to release the grip from my fists.

Curses for my easy jealousness to develop.

I shook my head as I stood up. "Hey where are you going?" Daniel asked. I smiled weakly and walked towards the house.

"Just going to take a shower, that's all" I nodded to him and shut the door. "Alex? What are you doing?" Richard asked me as I walked by.

"Shower... I-I need a shower" I didn't face him. I couldn't face him.

Quickly, I ran into the bathroom and shut the door before anyone could see the tears that were falling from my face.

"Damn it... Damn it!" I yelled and punched the wall, not caring who heard it.

Why does it hurt so much? It's like I can't even stand the sight of my best friend with the girl I... I...

Love.

Holy shit. I love Lucy.

But I can't love her. Because I like Jessica. Yeah... Jessica is my girl and will always be. Why? Because I'm no good for Lucy anyways.

I sighed in defeat as I let my angry tears flow from my face. Slowly, I turned on the water while I stripped down.

As soon as the boiling water pierced onto my skin, I winced but I didn't care. I needed something to ease the pain that was forming in my chest.

I didn't know how long I stood there before someone slammed their fists on the door.

"Alex! God you're taking forever!! Moms says dinner's ready" my little brother yelled from the other side. I swallowed the lump in my throat and replied back.

"Alright! I'll be right out!" I scrubbed the shampoo in my dark locks and less than 10 minutes, I was out.

I sighed heavily before heading out to the kitchen to eat with everyone.

"What's for dinner today?" I asked with a smile on my face. Everyone turned back and gave me a smile. "Spaghetti" Jacob rubbed his stomach.

I swallowed hard.

One of Lucy's favorite foods is spaghetti...

"Woo hoo! Let's eat!" Daniel yelled and everyone digged in.

Finally, after helping clean up and watched a movie, I was lying in my bed, dreading the time until the date starts.

... I just have to forget about Lucy. She's happy with... Richard and I'm... I'm good with Jessica. It's just how it will be.

I turned to my side and let out a heavy sigh. "Tomorrow is going to be a long day" I muttered, letting my eyelids shut for the first time since I saw Lucy again.

In a blink of an eye, it was morning.

I turned to look at my clock to see it was only 6. I groaned and got up, noticing how both guys were still asleep.

Silently, I went to the kitchen to cook some breakfast. As the day went by as normal, I kept thinking how the "double date" is going to happen.

"Earth to Alex!" I heard my name being called. I snapped out to see Richard bare-chested. "Are you going to get ready or are you going with just boxers?" he smirked. I looked down and widen my eyes.

"Shit! Give me a minute" I ran to my room to get ready. Less than 15 minutes, both of us were in the car, shirts on and messy hair everywhere.

"Jesus and we didn't get a comb" Richard pouted. I laughed and tried to smooth them out. "It's fine... I'm pretty sure chicks love the messy hair from guys anyways" I reasoned. He laughed and nodded. "Alright! First up, your girl" he winked and backed up the car, driving already.

I sighed quietly and looked out the window.

My girl...