The Plan

Lucy's Perspective

I laughed at Richard's joke as we pulled up into the driveway.

"I'm serious though! That was the pick-up line she tried to "seduce" me with" he laughed with me. I put a hand on his shoulder and pretend to wipe a tear.

"Oh my god... that was great" our laughter dying out. "Yeah..." he smiled. I smiled back and started to get out of the car.

"Wait, Lucy?" he said. I turned to face him again. "Yes?" I tilt my head to the side. He sighed and looked down at his lap. "Okay, I'm going to be totally honest here... I don't like you in this way" he glanced up at me.

I was speechless.

"Wait! Before you kill me or storm out, let me explain myself" he raised his hands in defense. I smiled a bit and crossed my arms. "Alright then... Before I kick your ass, explain yourself" I teased.

He chuckled a bit and nodded.

"You and I both know that I'm not the one you have feelings for. Everyone knows except for him. And we all can tell he likes you back except you" he smiled.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Again, Alex Wolfe does not like me in that way anymore. He has Jessica, and they like each other. Why can't you just let them be?"

"Because everyone, including you know he still likes you. He's just need a push to take you back" he smiled even bigger.

I looked down at my lap, trying to put the pieces together.

"Jealously"

"Exactly. He's forcing himself to like Jessica more than you, but when he thinks that we're dating, he will realize that he can't stand the sight or even thought of you being with another man, even if it's one of his best friends" he smiled.

I smiled a bit.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

He smiled. "We all agreed to one thing: he was much happier when you were the only girl in his eyes. We just want him happy, and from what I saw on our "date" today, you're practically perfect for him" he winked at me.

I laughed. "I wouldn't know what a perfect girl for him, so I'll just take your word" I looked at him. He laughed and nodded.

"Fair enough... So, are you in?"

"And you guys are doing this... Just because you want him to be happy? Not to ruin a relationship?"

"We just want him to be happy"

"And by we...?"

"Me, Jacob, Daniel, hell even his mother told us to do something" he chuckled. I laughed. "Oh that woman..." I smiled. "Alright... I'll give it a shot".

"Sweet... Alright, I'm just going to tell you this now, okay? I'm only going to kiss you on the mouth when it's necessary. But just expect kisses on the forehead and holding hands, that's it, okay? I don't want you to get uncomfortable with me" he rubbed the back of his neck.

I laughed and punched his shoulder slightly.

"Chill Richard! We're good friends" I smiled. He laughed and nodded. "Yeah, good friends who are pretending to be they are madly in love with each other"

"Madly in love? Really?"

"Hey! I always wanted to say something like that"

"You're such a dork"

"So is Alex"

"O-Oh shut up!" I blushed and got out of the car. He laughed and got out as well. "So, is the plan starting now?" I asked him.

He took my hand in his and smiled. "What do you think?" he led me into the backyard. I giggled; the nervous already started to form. I heard they guy's laughs before we saw them. Before we took a step outside, I stopped.

"Lucy? What's wrong?" Richard looked at me. I gripped my stomach and looked down; as if I was going to puke.

"R-Richard..? What if I'm no good at this? I mean-"

"Lucy... Look at me" he simply said. I swallowed hard and looked at him. He smiled and put a finger under my chin; pushing me up so I stood straight.

"You're going to be fine... Just pretend I'm Alex and explain how would you feel" he kisses my forehead. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay... I think I could do this now" I smiled. He chuckled and once again took my hand in his. "Of course... The man who you are destined to be with is just outside; waiting to get jealous to the core" he laughed and dragged me outside.