Calling the Girlfriend

Alex's Perspective

I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him. I'm going to-

"Hey big brother?!" Daniel yelled. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him; trying to control my anger.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think Jessica is going to want to come on the double date?" he asked me curiously.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly I have no idea... But it wouldn't hurt to try right?" I smiled as I started to pull out my phone.

"Hey guys!" Richard came from the house; grinning like a dork.

"Well someone is happy" Jacob laughed. He shrugged his shoulders and sat down. "I do have one the best girlfriends in the world. Not to mention she's a pretty good kisser" he winked and bumped my brother's fist.

I gritted my teeth and shot up.

"Hey you alright there, dude?" Richard raised an eyebrow.

I will be just as soon as I connect my fist to your stupid mouth.

"Just... Peachy... Got to call the girl about our plans tomorrow" I spat out and walked inside the house.

"Good luck!" Jacob called after me. I sighed and sat on the couch, face in my hands.

God what the hell is wrong with me? Just a minute ago, I wanted to punch one of my best friends just because he's dating the girl I like.

Wait.

"Alex? Are you okay?" my mother came in. I sighed and looked at her. "Yeah mom... Was just thinking I was going to say to Jessica"

"Did you guys have a fight?"

"No... Just going to tell her we have plans tomorrow"

She thinned her lips and nodded. "Okay mijo" she left the room.

I quickly dialed her number; thinking on what I was going to say.

"Hey baby" she cooed. I smiled a bit and answered.

"Hey hun... Listen, do you want to go on a double date with me and Richard?"

"About time he got a girl! Who is she?"

"....Lucy"

"I'm not going"

"Look hun, we are going"

"Why?!"

"So you can show her how I'm only yours" I told her; knowing that will help.

"You're right baby! Okay! Tomorrow, yes?"

"Tomorrow"

"See you then honey" she blew a kiss as I hanged up. "So is she going?" Richard came in holding a Coke can.

Lucy loves drinking Coca-Cola...

"Yeah... I convinced her alright" I sighed. He smiled and patted my back. "Don't worry! We're going to have a lot of fun tomorrow" he winked and headed back in the kitchen.

I groaned and threw my face in my hands once more; trying to stop the thoughts of killing him and taking Lucy as my own.