Chapter Fifty Two

Back at the house, Grayson and his parents are digging into a late breakfast

Back at the house, Grayson and his parents are digging into a late breakfast. Maria has laid out a huge spread of pastries, fruit and cereals which of course looks incredible.

I just wish I had the appetite to eat.

Grayson's smile lights up when Chloe and I enter the dining area. He moves over to me, half a croissant in his hand, and places a strong kiss onto my cheek. "Welcome back baby." His flicks his view between Chloe and me. "You both have a good walk?"

I exchange a brief look with Chloe, my nerves still battering everything inside of me, but thankfully she smiles, turns to her brother and says, "An amazing walk! Thank you."

Grayson nods, his arm around my waist as he turns to his family. "Anyway, I'm taking Mia out today. We'll be back late so don't wait up."

Maria and Phil smile, nodding as they proceed to clear away some dirty plates. "You enjoy kids," Maria chirps. "Phil, Chloe and I are going to venture into the nearest town to do some shopping. If we don't see you tonight we'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks Maria," I say calmly, my heart hitching at the thought of confronting Grayson about the videos. "I'll see you guys soon."

In Grayson's car, I sit and smile when Grayson drives up the gravelled driveway and emerges onto the main road that meanders through the countryside. Despite the videos, and Delilah, I still adore the effort he puts into us. I have no idea where we're going but, as always, I don't need to think about it, because Grayson always finds the best things for us to do, no matter where we are.

     "So, what did you and Chloe talk about on your walk?" Grayson asks, one hand coolly rested on the steering wheel as we whizz through the tranquil area of the Lake District. "Anything interesting?"

My heart hammers, but I quirk my eyebrow, trying to hide what I'm sure is an obvious gleam of nerves from behind my eyes. "Nothing of interest," I lie. "Just girly stuff."

     "Huh," Grayson sniggers. "Are you sure?"

Huh? Does he know something?

"Yes," I murmur. "Why?"

"Well, last time you and Chloe met, you discussed, well...me."

I gulp, but retain my calm expression. "Yes Grayson. But that was under different circumstances. You know that."

"I know darlin. I'm winding you up." Grayson smirks, rolling down the window a fraction to allow the fresh winds to whip at his perfectly scruffy dark hair. "I'm glad you and my sister get on so well."

I smile. "Me too." If it wasn't for Chloe, I wouldn't have kept so level-headed. "Anyway, where are we going?" I know I wasn't going to ask, but once again my curiosity is too strong to fight.

With a cheeky smile Grayson places his spare hand to my knee. "You'll see baby."'

An hour later, we arrive at what looks like a small opening within a forest of brighter than bright green trees, a small dirt track leading to somewhere unknown, out of sight. Grayson turns, slowly driving down with a smile painted on his adorable face.