☞T W E N T Y - T H R E E

3 days later...

Roselyn Belo

Friday, 6:12am:

"Come on Nate! We're going to be late," I whine, pulling him towards the airport exit. "Hey I should be a rapper." I laugh, he laughs too and attempts to speed up for my impatient sake.

"Where did he say he'd be?" Nate asks, looking around the pick up bay for our driver.

Ah, the advantages of being a car dealer's daughter.

"By the sign- ooh! There he is," I smile, pulling him over to the fully black car. "Dave." I acknowledge, nodding my head at him.

"Miss Belo, lovely to see you again! How is Mr Belo?" He asks, taking mine and Nate's luggage to pack away into the car. Nate squeezes my hand comfortingly.

"He's great, how are you?" I smile, he opens the door for us and tips his hat.

"I'm grand, it's a pleasure to have you back." He says before closing the door behind us.

I remember the last time I was in California clearly, it was when I was sixteen and I'd always nag about visiting the state for my birthday. My dad opened a new dealership here so it was the perfect excuse to come over and continue working whilst I enjoy shopping and soaking in the sun with my mom and brothers.

"Baby we're here." Nate smiles, holding onto my hand as he looks out at the scenery passing by.

I smile, rubbing his hand with my thumb, happy that he's happy. "We sure are." I giggle, pulling my phone out to secretly snap a picture of him.

"Are you sure we're going to have somewhere to sleep tonight?" He asks, my secret picture of him going unnoticed.

"Of course we are, we have the penthouse viewing first and if it's right, we buy it. I got a viewing for a small apartment too, we're sorted." I smile.

6:58am:

"Thanks Dave." I smile, waving as he drives off to do whatever whilst we view this place.

"Miss Belo! Nice to meet you, I'm Mr Wright." The oldish man greets, shaking my hand and then Nate's.

"Likewise, this is my boyfriend, Nate." I smile as they shake hands.

The property negotiator then proceeds to take us into the tall building and all the way to the top. He unlocks the door, the only door on the top floor, and allows us in first. It's clean, modern and just what we're looking for.

"So, there's a living room, three large bedrooms and two ensuites, there's a family bathroom and two balconies, one straight on and one for the master bedroom. Please take a look around." He smiles, Nate and I lace our hands together and begin our tour.

7:07am:

"So what do you think?" The older man asks.

The place was better on the pictures, I'm quite disappointed.

"Uh can we know about the place in general? Is there any damages, leaks, stuff like that?" Nate questions.

Mr Wright sighs and gestures to the dining table for us to take a seat. "There's a problem with the heating and plumbing system, it's an easy problem to be fixed though it'll cost quite a bit." He informs, I look to Nate, he shakes his head.

"Uh, we'll think about it and come back to you about it. Expect a phone call tomorrow afternoon." Nate says, standing and outstretching his hand for a handshake. Mr Wright sighs and shakes Nate's hand, then mine.

"Have a good day, think wisely." He smiles and walks us out.

I call Dave and inform him that he can come back, we exit the building and say goodbye to Mr Wright before waiting patiently. "No." Nate says.

"Why? It can be fixed." I frown.

"He was lying, it can't be fixed and easily as he says, didn't you see the leak stains on the wall behind that big painting of the London view in the hallway? That's from the bathroom, the pipes broke and that costs a lot of money, money we don't need to waste."

I sigh and cross my arms. "Well the viewing for the cheap apartment is at 1pm, what should we do until then?" I ask.

"Well, we are in California, let's make the most of it." He grins, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

9:14am:

"What about this?" I ask, twirling around in a backless, long sleeved, red, short dress.

Without a reply, I look up and see Nate staring at me with so much adoration and admiration that my heart skipped a beat. "Yes? No? Maybe?" I ask, arching my eyebrow.

"Fuck yes." He breathes out, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red. I smile and giggle whilst walking back into the changing rooms.

Nate and I are just window shopping, seeing as we need to save as much money as we can for a place to live, but Nate persuaded me to try this on for when we can buy.

"I'm so tempted to buy you-"

"Well you can't so deal with it," I smirk, grabbing his hand to pull him out of the store. "The less money we waste, the more we can spend on a place to live." I say.

He rolls his eyes and kisses the back of my hand.

2:14pm:

"It'll do." I shrug, gesturing to the creaky, old apartment we now own.

"You shouldn't even have a strand of hair in here, it's shit." Nate huffs, kicking the edge of the couch lightly, frowning when he sees dust fall from the cushion.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck, reaching up to kiss his warm lips. "But it'll do for only a few days, baby, it's not the end of the world." I assure, kissing him again before walking over to my suitcase to unzip it and grab my laptop to begin searching for other penthouses for rent.

I switch it on and expect an easy access to the internet, I groan aloud. "What an idiot." I mutter, Nate looks away from the small TV screen and stares at me.

"What's up?" He asks.

"There's no wifi," I sigh, rubbing my forehead. "He said there was wifi."

"I'll go call hi-"

"No no, it's alright," I shake my head, standing up with my MacBook in hand. "I'll go to the local cafe, they should have wifi." I shrug, slipping my feet into my vans.

"Wait up." He calls after me, putting his jacket on.

"You can stay here-"

"And let you go alone? Hell no." He scoffs, opening the front door for me.

• • •

Remember to vote and tell me what you think :)

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama
IG & Twitter// yxbxtch