☞F O U R

Roselyn Belo

Thursday, 9:32am:

The rain has returned, tapping loudly on my window. The curtains are closed, muffling the noise a helpful amount. I haven't got out of bed since I woke up, which was only a few minutes ago.

Winston, my blue eyed Birman cat, jumps up onto my bed and stares at me; as if telling me to get up and feed him.

I groan, fed up of his intense staring, before climbing out of bed and slipping my feet into my slippers. I make my way downstairs, yawning and pulling my hair up into a attempted neat bun. "Morning sweetie," Mom smiles, I stare at her in wonder. "I took the day off." She chuckles, noticing my confused expression.

"Oh, why?" I ask tiredly, following her down the hallway to the kitchen.

"I wanted to spend the day with my daughter, do you have any plans?" She asks, rounding the kitchen island to work her magic on the stove.

"No, not really, I was just going to invite Grace over." I shrug.

"Oh?" She replies, turning to face me. "Where's Nathan today?" She asks.

"He's uh hanging out with Sam I think, or having some family time, I'm not too sure," I shrug before heading outside to collect the cat food from the small shelf and push it onto Winston's small plate he always eats off.

I feed him and walk back inside to watch Mom cook breakfast and keep her company. "So what do you want to do today?" I ask, sitting on one of the tall stools at the island.

"I was thinking of getting our nails done and go wine tasting." She smiles, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Wine tasting?" I question, she nods.

"Yes, you go and taste all different types of wine-"

"I know what it is Mom, I just want to know why?" I giggle, my mouth watering at the smell of bacon.

"Does there have to be a reason? I just want some nice wine." She shrugs, I laugh and quickly run upstairs to collect my phone.

From Nate💘: Good morning baby, sleep well?😘❤️

To Nate💘: Would have been better to wake up to you beside me😖

From Nate💘: I'll sleep over tonight, how does that sound?😘❤️

To Nate💘: Amazing👌🏼😘❤️

From Nate💘: Alright well I got a interview now, I'll call you later😘❤️

To Nate💘: Good luck😘❤️

"Breakfast is on the counter sweetie." Mom says, walking past me in the hallway.

1:54pm:

We take a seat on the wooden stools in the upper class restaurant my Mom picked out.

"Alright so this is Pinot Noir. It's a very difficult grape to grow, however, it's still grown all around the world..." She rambles on about the red liquid we hold in our glasses.

There's a bin on the table, I'm presuming if we don't like it we can spit it out. I've never been wine tasting before, I've only heard the tales Mom brought home after her experiences. She goes to different restaurants for each occasion, but for the past few she has always come to this one; her and Elaine, the women who organises the tastings, are good aquinatances.

I copy my Mom, swishing it around in the wine glass before sniffing it and pouring it into my mouth. It was horrible, but I didn't want to be rude and spit it out, so I swallowed.

Mom and Elaine were too busy fussing about it to notice, so I shrugged and sipped some more. "What do you think?" Mom questions, her eyes widen at the sight of my empty glass.

I shrug. "I don't really like that one."

3:43pm:

Mom grabs my forearm, her manicured nails digging into my skin, dragging me out of the restaurant. "I cannot believe you! Do you know embarrassed I am right now?" She hisses, dragging me to the car.

"Don't be embarrassed, be in Paris." I giggle like a little girl.

"That is the last time I step foot in the direction of that restaurant, they'll laugh every time they see me." She shrieks, stuffing me into the passenger seat of her Range Rover.

Nathan Maloley

4:03pm:

"Man before you know it, we'll be in our own apartment in LA by the beach with money coming out our ears." Sam claps his hands together, meeting me at the park we agreed.

We split up this morning to cover each half of the town for jobs, we sucessfully got the jobs of bartenders in a downtown bar. They were aware of our ages but agreed to hire us if we promised not to drink illegally in public otherwise we'd be fired a heartbeat, the man felt he could trust us enough to take our word.

"Don't speak too soon, either Roselyn is coming too or I'm not going." I say, he slaps the back of my head.

"Bro you're totally breaking the bro code right now, you're choosing a girl over your boy." He wines, I roll my eyes.

"She's not just a girl, she's my girl and she's either coming or I'm staying." I state sternly.

Sam sighs in defeat, rolling his eyes dramatically at me. "I'll admit it, you two are - as called - relationship goals as fuck, believe me, but you gotta' understand that we could make it in LA, it's the right decision."

"I do understand, there's a better chance of a career but it can still be done here, it's just better over there. What have I got left though? Roselyn, you, occasionally the Jacks when they're back here, and a non exsisting career. My parents fucking kicked me out and here I am waiting to serve people drinks to make a living."

Sam leaves it a few minutes as we walk home, or at least his home, before changing the touchy subject. "I'm actually excited to start this job."

We continue talking about our new job and part ways when we're home. He goes to his room, I go to mine which was the spare bedroom.

To Roselyn👑: Be over in about half an hour?😘❤️

Instead of replying, she calls which puts a smile on my face, I've missed her.

"Hello." I grin, running my fingers through my hair.

"Hey." she replies a little slowly, I furrow my eyebrows.

"So I'll be over in half an hour, is that okay?" I question, listening to her giggle.

"Of course!" She drags on, almost slurring her words. "B-Bring your booty too." She giggles, I laugh.

"Baby are you drunk?" I question suspiciously, her parent would never allow her to get drunk.

"No!" She scolds, giggling afterwards. "Okay, m-maybe." She giggles, hiccuping.

"I'm coming over now." I laugh, slipping my shoes on.

• • •

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama