☞S E V E N

Roselyn Belo

Saturday, 6:56pm:

My black dress falls all the way to the ground, sure to make me trip up at some point through the long night ahead, beads cover my shoulder and my sides. My mom took a last minute shopping trip this afternoon whilst I was out and bought me some new black, shiny, peep toe heels with the red sole. My dark brown hair is pinned up into a stylish updo with thin curls hanging out to frame my tanned face.

"Grace zip me up." I hiss, reaching over my shoulder to do it myself.

"What's the password?" She asks, I roll my eyes.

"Please? And can you hurry up? They're waiting for me." I add, standing in front of the body length mirror, looking at my almost curvy body.

Grace successfully zips my dress together and helps me walk out of my room and down the stairs, she hands me my black clutch which is full of my phone, my red lipstick for topping up through the night and tampons incase Mother Nature decides to visit unexpectedly. God forbid somebody rummages through it.

I open the living room doors and walk in as best I can, standing straight and proud of my appearance. All eyes land on me, I gulp and continue walking until I'm in front of them.

My brothers sit either side of Luke, Mom and Dad are both standing by the cabinet fussing about something, Nate sits on the couch opposite Luke.

"B-Baby, you look beautiful." Nate stammers, looking uncomfortable in his long sleeve shirt; he always wears long sleeves or hoodies in front of my parents to hide his tattoos.

I blush, giggling like a little girl. "Thanks to the help of Grace." I giggle. My mom's makeup artist actually done my hair and make up but I wouldn't have gotten into my dress without smudging my make up or tangling my jewellery in my hair if it wasn't for Grace.

"You look stunning, docinho, now can we get going before we're late?" Dad hurries mom and I out of the room and to the car waiting for us on the driveway. The driver opens the black doors and helps us in one by one, I take the window seat and open the window.

I lift my hand and wave to Nate, Grace, Rito and River as the car pulls of and drives us to our destination.

7:58pm:

For the fifth time tonight, I push Luke's hand off my waist and casually step away from him. Dad lowers his head to mine and whispers; "look comfortable, just for tonight." before whisking Mom away to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?" Luke offers, I kindly decline. "Would you like a drink?" He asks, I nod.

He calls one of the miserable looking waiters over and takes two champagne glasses off of the silver tray he steadies in his white glove covered hand.

I thank Luke as I take the glass from his hand and gulp down the drink, hoping the encouraging liquid could turn this night fun.

"Are you sure you don't want to dance?" He questions, we stand at the side of the room, most couples are on the dance floor with the odd few huddles of bitching sessions.

"Yes, I need to use the bathroom." I say and shove my empty glass into his hand before lifting my dress up a little to walk across the marble flooring to the door which says female.

I do my business and wash my hands, after drying my hands I take my phone out of my clutch and text Nate and Grace in a group chat.

To Nate💘 & Gracie💃🏻: I'm so bored😭🔫

From Nate💘: Are you okay baby? Do I need to hurt him?

From Gracie💃🏻: AW OTP💕

To Nate💘 & Gracie💃🏻: Shut up you idiot💕 and no Nate, I'm just super bored😞

From Gracie💃🏻: Get drunk😉

From Nate💘: No you won't be getting drunk, not without me there. Want me to come pick you up?

To Nate💘 & Gracie💃🏻: I doubt my dad will let me leave already, I'm standing in the toilet - I'll have to go. Bye, love you both💕

From Nate💘: Love you too baby, call me later😘❤️

From Gracie💃🏻: 😷😷 Love you too girl💕

I laugh and exit the bathroom.

8:47pm:

"My goal for the night is to dance with you, I'm not giving up." Luke comments as we sit alone at a table.

"Fine, come on." I mutter and stand up, strutting off to the dance floor which is basically a wide square of different flooring material.

We stand in middle, I place my right hand in his and my left resting softly on his shoulder whilst he places his right hand just below my left shoulder blade.

10:43pm:

We dance for I don't know how long until my arms and feet are aching and his hand had lowered a uncomfortable amount. "I'm tired now." I say, disconnecting our bodies and walking over to my mom and dad to collect my bag.

My mom asks if I'm okay. "I'm extremely tired, can I go home?" I fake yawn, tucking my clutch under my arm.

My dad looks irritated. "Can't you last a little longer?"

"Carlo she's tired, can't you see?" Geez, thanks mom. "Go on sweetie, have Luke take you home." I nod and kiss their cheeks goodbye.

I walk over to Luke at the bar and tap his shoulder. "My mom said for you to take me home." I state, aware of how annoying I must have been for him tonight.

I didn't want to come anyway, I'm in it for Nate and Sam's money.

"Oh okay, sure." He says and puts down his drink. We walk out to the parking lot where our driver is waiting, speaking with the other drivers parked beside him.

We climb into the back and wait patiently as he drives us to my home. "I've had a great night tonight Roselyn, you've been a great date." He grins, placing his hand on my knee.

I instantly cross my leg over the other; sliding it off casually. "Thanks, I've had a good night too." I smile, looking out the window.

"You're a great dancer also, where'd you learn to dance like that?" He asks.

"My mom used to take dance classes when I was a little girl, I'd go along and watch and often join in for fun." I laugh, reminiscing.

"You're prettier than when I last saw you." He comments.

And that's because I was a stick figured freshmen with braces and knotted hair.

"No thanks to puberty huh?" I laugh, hoping for the driver to hurry up so I can go home and sleep.

"How is Nathan treating you?" He lifts his lips up into a half smile.

I don't see how it was his place to ask.

"Perfectly, thanks for asking." I reply, not sparing him a glance.

Finally, the driver pulls up on my driveway and opens my door for me. Luke follows and walks me to my front door. "Thank you for a lovely night." He grins.

"No problem, goodnight." I reach for the door handle as he leans over and kisses my cheek, uncomfortably close to the corner of my mouth. I flinch as his lips touch my skin.

"Chill," he laughs. "It's just a polite gentleman trying to thank his date." He laughs, stroking my upper arm before walking back to the car and climbing in.

• • •

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama