Hired

Avallac'h Pov.

I collapsed the image of Yennefer and Y/n's conversation. Hopefully Yennefer didn't sense me tuning in.

A god she said.

How very interesting.

I stand and walk over to my table, opening up my satchel. Inside I find a vile, with green and yellow leaves inside of it.

I could maybe help Y/n and Ciri out a little bit. This 'god' they could bring into the world was a prophesied hero to elven scribes. The child of the Swallow. I wouldn't kidnap the child, nor harm him. Maybe chip in a bit with teaching the child, though I'm sure he'd have plenty of tutors, teachers and mentors.

But this child needed to exist. For the sake of the entire world.

I walked down the hallway, and knocked on Ciri's door, which would be Y/n's door as the two now shared a room.

"Enter." I hear Y/n say.

Y/n pov.

I looked in the mirror and was surprised to see Avallac'h enter.

"Oh my favorite elf." I shake my head. "What brings you here?"

"Ciri has a dream she shared with me one day." Avallac'h says, walking around Ciri's and I's room, leaning against the dresser. "It included you. A house, and a child or two. She also wants a dog."

"I've heard this dream as well." I say. "Your name never got brought up funny enough."

He took a deep breath and pulled out a vile. "I'm sorry I helped the rift between us grow so large. Hopefully this will help rebuild a bridge."

I take the vile and see a clump of leaves inside. "What the hell is all this?"

"It's called Tren Kekarni. It's to make the infertile, fertile." he says.

My head snaps up to him. Yennefer's words echoing in my head. "Why are you doing this exactly?"

"So Ciri can have a chance at the dream she holds so tightly to." he says. "Do not lose it. Those leaves are very rare."

"I'll keep that in mind." I say. He turns and walks out of my room after a moment. I look down at the vile. I'd have to get Philippa's opinion. There's a chance this is some poison that'd make my whole body rot away.

Another knock came to my door, but before I could answer Philippa pushed the door open and walked in.

"Morning Y/n" she says.

"Morning Philippa. What brings you here?"

"I have something very serious to talk to you about." The room goes silent. The sounds of the city no longer filled the air. That fire still burned but no longer crackled. She deafened the room. Nobody could listen in.

This was serious.

"Your dear father and his band of idiots plan on assassinating the king today." she says.

"Good for them." I say.

"Yes. Good for them. Little do they know they're walking into a trap."

I look at her, fiddling with the vile in my hands. I lean forward and rest my arms on my legs. "Dijkstra."

She nods. "Your fathers group will do all the dirty work, and Sigi plans on pulling the rug out from under them and taking Redania under his control."

"And you don't want that?" I asked her.

"No. If Redania falls, the church of the eternal fire loses its place of power. And we, the lodge, can reclaim its rightful place."

"Under Nilfgaard? You think the white sperm flopping over the graves of his friends would let mages have the power you all had before everything broke down?"

"He wouldn't have a choice. We have learned from our mistakes, we'd do it properly. Keep our heads underground, not flock around like strumpets."

I scratched my chin and shrugged. "What do you want me to do?"

"How do you feel about a good old assassination?"

"I'm not going after the king."

She shakes her head. "I wouldn't want you to. I have a different target in mind."

She smirks and I immediately catch on.

Well.

I guess I do need a little fresh air.