Prologue

Y/n Pov.

"What are you doing?" Lambert questions harshly "again" he shouts.

I flipped backwards on the pendulum and swung my sword hitting a sandbag on the swinging plank of wood. I then face the other pendulum and swing again, hitting another sandbag off the pendulum. But unfortunately, I forgot there were three of them this time and I feel the large swinging pendulum connect with me and the impact sends me flying into the cold hard stone just below.

My ears fill with the sound of Ciri laughing while Lambert slowly walked up to me.

"That's enough for today, be ready first thing in the morning cause you're going right back up there" he says then walks away. I face the giggling Ciri and frown.

"What are you laughing at?"I ask.

"You just got wiped out by the pendulum and it was really funny, you went flying like ten feet" she says laughing, I shake my head and walk up to her.

"Laugh all you like, I believe this is what mom called defense mechanisms. You're upset because you're still stuck on the single pendulum, while I have started on the triple threat" I say smugly.

"Oh please, I'm so much better than you, I would beat you any day"

"Oh yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah" she says, puffing her chest up as we face off.

"Then I challenge thee to a duel" I state.

"You're ON!" Ciri shouts but we're stopped by a rough voice.

"No, nobody is on. It's time for dinner" Geralt says, walking over.

We face him and he shakes his head.

"Come on you two dorks, you can cut each other up tomorrow" he says.

"This boy thinks he can beat me Geralt," Ciri says.

"Well he has the other times" Geralt says.

"Hey, I've beaten him a few times too," She says.

"That's true too, so I believe it should be a very interesting spar session, now come on Vesemir is waiting" he says and we walk off.

Later that night I'm woken up by Ciri shaking me awake.

"Spar now!" she says quietly.

"What time is it?" I groggily let out.

"Time for a spar, let's go" she says.

Walking outside the snow fell at a slow rate, it was quite pretty to be honest.

Ciri hands me a wooden sword then grabs her own as we face each other.

"Any fatal strike wins," she says.

"Best of 5?" I ask and she nods.

"Of course," she says.

We circle each other for a bit before I strike at her, and she blocks it. She then counter strikes which I dodge and swipe my leg at her feet, she falls to the ground but quickly lunges upwards and then in a surprise move just rushes and tackles me, but instead of just a normal tackle, her lips crash onto mine and we freeze, her lips were cold and soft, but then I feel the tip of her wooden sword against my throat and I roll my eyes.

"That was a cheap trick" I say.

"Why? You got a kiss and I got to win" she says, her face blushing slightly.

"Still" I try to argue while my face is blushing wildly.

"Now come on, if you win, I'll kiss you again." she says readying herself and I take my sword and we fight on.

I ended up winning, but a part of me thought she was letting me win. That was me and Ciri to be honest, as we got older she and I just fell deeper and deeper in love, but something just stopped us from ever actually being together. There was times the sexual tension would become to thick, and we'd give in to lust and make love, but then there were times we couldn't even face each other, after screaming our lungs off at each other.

Those were when days were a bit more enjoyable, not necessarily easier. Now I just roam around alone, just me a horse and my swords.