Enlisted

Y/n Pov

I sipped the ale as I sat across from the man who raised me. I wasn't happy to see him, but if Ciri is in trouble, I'll always come to her aid.

"The wild hunt is hunting her down, we have to find her before they do, otherwise well, you know." he tells me and I look at him.

"How long have you known she was back?" I ask him.

"About 2 days, Yennefer apparently is the council to the emperor now, she agreed because he told her what I just told you."

"So you're employed by the empire now? Death really does change a person." I say

"I'm not doing this for him, I'm doing it for her, he's just the one who happened to know she was back. She's still somewhere out there, and wherever she goes it seems like the wild hunt is right behind her, so we need to get to her before she slips up and they're there waiting for her. " he responds.

"Alright, let's say Ciri was dumb enough to come back to this hell hole, where would she be? It's not exactly easy to track one person down, let alone one who can teleport" I say.

Geralt's eyes were one of sadness looking at me, he shook his head and sipped his drink.

"We have leads in Velen, Novigrad and Skellige. Yennefer is in Skellige tracking down a magical trail, I already have a bit of Info here in Velen, if you want to head to Novigrad" he tells me.

"What am I supposed to do in Novigrad, where do I even start, go chat with the witch hunters?"

"Find Triss, she should be living in a flat just off the main square, she should have a few ideas on where to start, she might have even seen her." Geralt says.

I sigh and finish my drink and rub my hand down my face. My eyes flick over to see Geralt looking at my face.

"What are you looking at?" I ask.

Geralt doesn't respond right away, he just shakes his head and after a few moments, in a low sympathetic voice says. "I never wanted this for you," he says.

My hand forms into a tight fist, as I get ready to stand up.

"I didn't do it for you" I say and stand up, walking to the door and walking out. Making my way to Anubis, my all black warhorse.

I hear Geralt walking up behind me.

"Y/n" he says and I lazily look at him. "Stay safe, I'll meet up with you as soon as I'm done here, then we'll go to Skellige to meet Yenn" he says and I nod.

"Best of luck" I say. I mount Anubis, and we walk out of the village, and on our way to Novigrad.