The house

Y/n Pov

I walked my way to the house Corinne should be at. My walk was clouded with thoughts of bright green eyes, the same eyes I see in every dream, and the eyes I seem to conjure in my mind every time I wake up from a nightmare. Because they were home, those eyes always meant safety, but I find myself wondering If I'd ever see them again, and if I did, would they still be home?

The house was big, and sitting by the side of it was a man in some strange hat.

"Ah! A witcher, what brings you here?" he asks.

"I'm looking for a woman, goes by Corinne"

"She's here, helping me with my ghosts"

"Can I go see her?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"As long as you don't get in the way of her business" he says and I just walk into the house.

It was a mess, cobwebs and clutter littered the walls and floors. My eyes adjust to the darkness instantly and I walk my way through the house, before I hear some muffled sounds from upstairs. My medallion hummed lightly, I could tell there was some sort of magic being done. My walk was slow but casual, each part of the house was horded with junk. Most of the food was rotting and old, the jugs of liquid had been sitting there for who knows how long.

"No, stop, put that down!" I hear shouted. I walk a bit faster towards the sounds as I reach the door I walk in and see a woman struggling on the bed.

"Hey" I say and walk over. "Wake up!" I say as I shake her.

She just repeats the same words from before, I look around the room, something was stopping her from waking. I hear giggling somewhere in the house, and decide I should follow it. Roaming around the house, I find a hatch leading down to a cellar and I descend into it. I saw some sort of stove on the far wall and my medallion hummed heavily around it. Upon my approach I see two large orbs peak out and look at me.

"Boo!" the girl says. I fake a reaction and step back.

"Hah, I got you. Didn't I?" she asks.

"You did"

"HA! Big scary man is scared of little ole Sarah"

"Seems like it," I say.

"Why? What's so scary about me?" she asks.

"I'm sure the woman upstairs would be pretty afraid of you," I tell her.

"Why, all I did was help her dream." she says.

"Dream? What is she dreaming about?"

"Bad things," She says like she was about to celebrate.

" You're giving her nightmares, don't you think that's a bit cruel?" I ask her.

"No, bad dreams are fun"

"Listen, I need to talk to that woman, can you let her wake?" I ask her.

"Maybeeee, what do I get in return?"

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I want to play!"

I sigh and look around.

"Okay how about this, you let that woman wake up. In return, I'll tell him this house is haunted by some evil ghost. He'll have no choice but to leave, and you can stay" I tell her.

"What good does that do? I'm already playing here"

"Yeah, but if he learns it is just a little godling girl, he'll swarm the house with witch hunters and drag you out, I don't want that to happen to you. So wake her up, and you can live here in peace. Fair deal?" I ask.

"Fine, but come back won't you" she says and I nod.

"I'll see what I can do," I say.

I quickly scale the ladder back up and walk into the room, I see Corinne holding her head. Before she looks up at me.

"Who are you?" she asks.

"Names Y/n, Triss sent me. Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Fine, just. I just had the most peculiar dream, I was being attacked by... Furniture, angry hungry furniture" she says.

"It was a godling girl, she wanted to play and thought giving you a nightmare was the way to go" I tell her and she nods.

"And you? Why did Triss send you?"

"I need your help, I need to locate a girl who may be here. Can you and your magic help me in any way?" I ask her.

"I can, but not here. I need a break, come to my room at the Golden Sturgeon tomorrow, I can help you then" she says and i nod.

"Thank you" I say.