Emperor Horror

One week later

Y/n Pov

The guide marched us through Vizima's hall. The Nilfgaardian banners raised an alarming anxiety in my chest. I had a long standing hatred for the empire. And the emperor himself. And both hated me right back.

We marched down Vizima's halls. They had taken my sword. Along with Ciri's and Geralts. I was happy my primary weapons were ones they couldn't take away.

We turned a corner and there sat the lumpy diaper that was... the emperor of Nilfgaard.

"Your imperial majesty!" The guide boasts. "Y/n Witcher of the school of the wolf... Geralt of Rivia...and-"

The emperor chimes in. "Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon. Queen of Cintra. Princess of Brugge and Duchess of Sodden. Heiress to Inis Ard Skellig and suzerain of Attre and Abb Yarra."

Everyone bows. Clearly shocking Ciri. "Get used to it. Soon everyone from Nilfgaard to the Dragon Mountains will Kneel before you."

His eyes land on me. "The panther... Still as grim and violent as the day you escaped slavery."

"Prince Emhyr." I snarl. "Still as stupid and ugly as the day I dislocated your jaw."

"You landed a nice hit on me I'll admit that... But you did not dislocate my Jaw." He waves his guards back. "Under different circumstances I would have ordered my guards to arrest you... count your blessings."

"Count yours." I say. "If I weren't here to support Ciri...I would have already killed you by now."

"Y/n" Geralt growls.

"Never mind him witcher." Emhyr says. "Just a reunion between two old... friends."

I scoff and shake my head.

"I must say... I did not expect you to keep your word, witcher."

"Ciri wanted to hear what you had to say," Geralt says.

"And she will," Emhyr mumbles. "Your reward."

My eyes widen and I look over to the man approaching with a large box. He wouldn't. I thought to myself. Geralt would never.

The man pauses in front of Geralt with the lid open. Ciri and I both watched in fear.

Geralt shakes his head and turns back. "Didn't come to collect on a deal. You asked me to bring your daughter here. I did just that... Ciri will hear what you have to say... Then we'll leave."

I let my shoulders relax. Ciri walks forward. Her back was a little straighter and her head held higher. I cross my arms and smirk. Relaxing a little.

"Are you sure?" The emperor asks. "Never again would you need to stalk monsters while wading through sewage."

"I'm sure," Geralt says. Ciri reaches down and clamps his hand.

"So be it." Emhyr shrugs. "Now forgive me. I wish to speak to my daughter."

I snarl at the tone of his voice. I really hope Ciri gives him a piece of her mind. If he somehow got through to her... that would be tragic.

Timeskip.

Geralt leaned against one of the soaring pillars in the throne room of the castle. I stared at the mouth of the hall Ciri was in. We had stood in silence since we got here.

"It's really stupid to threaten a man like the emperor Y/n." Geralt finally says.

"I get a pass." I say. Not averting my gaze. "I've earned a nemesis' respect from the emperor. We hate each other so much it's almost impressive."