Conversations and Shopping

Ciri Pov

"What do you even see in him?" Avallac'h asked.

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Y/n." He says. "Why do you love someone so-"

"I'd be careful what word you choose" I warn. "Listen Avallac'h. I appreciate what you've done for me...  You know the elderblood better than I do, then any of them do and I respect that... But you will not be bad mouthing the people dearest to me."

"My task is to protect you... and having you spend your time with a volatile barbarian."

I turn and glare at him. He raises his hands. "I'm simply wondering if he's truly the best option for a partner given the current... Situation."

"Listen to me very carefully." I point at him and step forward. "You've clearly grown a bit too comfortable in a position you're not wanted in. I'm an adult Avallac'h. I'll make my own decisions. If you have a problem with that, than I invite you to fuck off... I've known Y/n for more than half my life, and he's always had my back. Even when he was angry, even when he had his own issues he still would drop everything to help me... Stop acting like you're the boss of my life, you are simply here to help us defeat the wild hunt... and don't think I forgot Avallac'h. Don't think I forgot what you tried to do all those years ago." his gaze lowers.

"You don't know anything about Y/n. You barely know anything about me." I say. "So leave my personal life to me."

Y/n Pov

No.

No.

No.

No.

I tossed pieces of armor behind me. As I searched for something to replace what I wore previously.

"What are you doing?" Ela asked.

"Gearing up." I say. Finding a chainmail shirt. And a leather vest. A similar one to the one I used to wear.  "Good start."

"So who is the white haired one?"

"Which white haired one?"

"The girl you sucked the face off of."

"That's Ciri." I say. Searching for pants.

"You love her?"

"... I do..."

"Have you told her?"

"No.. But I think she knows."

"That's not good enough!" She shouts. Zipping over to me. "She needs to hear it!"

"How would you know?"

"Uh... HELLO!" she tosses her arms into the air. "You don't spend eternity without picking up a few clues here and there... you're just like your father..."

"You knew my father?" I ask. Shocked.

"Whoops."  she zips away. And I chase after her.

"Wait! How do you know my father?"

"I cannot say."

"Seriously?" I sigh.

"I'm sorry Y/n... There are rules I must follow"

"Set by who?" I ask.

"Nature." She shrugs.

"Of course." I say turning to find pants.

After a while I put the gathered clothes on.