Journey

(If you think I was writing Sigi instead of Dijkstra because I was tired of typing Dijkstra out.... You'd be right)

Y/n pov

"Doesn't sound too bad does it?" he asked me.

"Sounds riddled with areas for failure" I tell him, looking out at the ocean. "What does Vernon Roche want Radovid dead for?"

"They're going to sign Redania over to Nilfgaard, in return Timeria will be returned to its own rule as a vassal state."

"I highly doubt Dijkstra is interested in Timeria restoring it's pride."

"You're probably right," Geralt says. "Regardless. If Redania falls, that is practically the end of the northern realms. Meve would be helpless, even if Kovir was able to get to them in time they'd stand no chance against the empire."

"The continent doesn't scare the empire. It's what's outside it that scars them"

"What, Skellige?"

"One of many..." I say.

Geralt leans forward "care to elaborate?"

I shrug and cross my arms, looking out at the sea. "When you and Yennefer 'died'. I jumped on this boat and just let it sail me somewhere. I ended up on a new continent, one I had never heard of. The kingdom I landed on was called Athens... I think."

"Athens? Never heard of it"

"Neither had I. Well, I met this man there. He ended up being my booker for contracts, he told me I was in 'Greece'. One of multiple continents." I say, "it was like an entirely new world, but the soldiers Geralt. They were unlike anything I had ever seen."

"In what way?"

"In the 'my mutations meant nothing to them' way. For three years I went from kingdom to kingdom. I was welcomed, sometimes I got a job but most of the time they didn't need me. I was on this beautiful island far south, it was where these soldiers called the immortals were trained. I befriended one named Shen,he moved like lightning. My mutations barely gave me an edge, I beat him but just barely. All the kingdoms had soldiers like that, even the grunts were twice the killing machines of anything the continent has to offer" I I tell him.

"You think they'd attack Nilfgaard?"

"If they feel threatened? Without a doubt. Most of them hate each other, but if an outside force threatens them they'll all attack it together. Skellige is included in that little list, if Skellige is attacked, it's allies will come for Nilfgaard."

"Why have I never heard about any of this?"

"Only Cintra knew about them. By law they couldn't say anything, Nilfgaard might not even know about them, but they know about Nilfgaard. They're months of travel away from Skellige,"

"Too far out of reach" Geralt says.

"For Nilfgaard." I nod, "yes"

"Did you get into trouble while you were there?"

"Not really. I wasn't exactly meeting kings or anything, but I was welcomed into taverns, given coins for some mercenary work." I dig through my pouch and flip a coin to him, "here"

"What's this?" he asks.

"A drachma. From Greece"

"Collecting coins now?"

"No. But I may go back. Seemed like a much better place than where I'm from... No offense."

" What's there to offend? I hate the continent more than most" he says. He tosses the coin back to me and I drop it back into my pouch.