The Play

"Do you know someone named dodo?" I ask Priscilla, as we sit in her room.

"Yes, why do you ask? Is he okay?"

"We need him for something, and we need to get his attention. I need your help," I say.

"Alright, well let's think" she says, "nevermind I've got it"

"What do you have?"

"A play, Dodo loves the theatre. He goes to every play in the city"

"Alright, so we just get the troop to do a play" I say.

"No"

"No?" I ask.

"It has to be a new play, he's seen all of them, but if he hears that there's a fresh new play being premiered he'll definitely attend it" she boasts.

"Alright, but how do we spot him and get to talk to him?" I ask.

"We make the play, the message we want to get through to him." she says. "Hmmmm,a witcher on a doppler contract, but he spares the doppler and befriends him, I've got it!" She then rushes to her desk and grabs parchment and a quill.

"What do you need from me?" I ask.

"Just relax, I'll have this written in no time" she says. I then spot a chair in the corner and take a seat, leaning my head back I close my eyes and start drifting to sleep.

"y/n!" Priscilla says, "what's a word that rhymes with witcher?"

"Um... Did itcher?" I say.

"K" she says and just goes back to writing. I chuckle slightly, and rest my head back, and drift off to sleep.

"y/n?" I hear, my eyes flutter open. I'm not in Priscilla's room, I'm in an altogether different room and hovering above me was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

"Ciri?" I ask.

"Remember this?" she asks me, and I look around.

"Kovir" I say, receiving a hum.

"The last time you truly smiled," she said. "After this we went our separate ways, and the next time I saw you, you were a completely different person," Ciri says.

"I'm sorry Ciri, I've regretted it every day" I say.

"Oh Y/n" Ciri kisses me. It's tasteless, no feeling to it. Why does this have to be a dream? "Stop beating yourself up... you are no monster... One day you'll need to realize that,"

"I won't stop til I find you" I tell her and she shakes her head.

"You'll die" she says, "you'll die and those you love will be the ones who kill you" her voice was changing. "It'll be slow and painful, and they will enjoy it-"

I awake and gasp for air.

"Are you okay?" Priscilla asks, approaching me slowly.

"Yeah... I'm fine... just a strange dream... How's the script?" I ask.

"Finished, can you drop it off to Irina Renarde? She's at the butcher's yard, with the troop, go behind the stage to the house, you'll find her there" she says.

"Got it" I say taking the script, "need anything else?" I ask.

"Smile," she says. I flash a small smile and she chuckles. "There, not that bad" she says.

"I'll see you soon" I say.

Timeskip

I paid 50 crowns to get in, I better be thanked. I walk past the stage, through the door and into the house.