My aunt is an Owl

Y/n Pov

"I will never turn into a fucking bird again" Philippa says.

Philippa's arm was draped over my shoulder as I led her to a chair and helped her sit down.

"I should have known I couldn't trust that man. I'm actually glad he got killed by the witch hunters, strapping me with Dimeritium." she rants. I pull up a chair and sit just across from her.

"I'm such an idiot. I should have seen it coming, god damn it" she says.

"Can't be that much of an idiot" I tell her.

"What are you talking about?" she asks as she rests her head in her hands.

"You always said teaching me Morse code would come in handy in the future. Guess you were right," I say. She cracks a small smile.

She chuckles dryly before resting her back on the chair.

"It's good to see you again my little panther" she says.

"Good to see you too, Aunt Philippa" I say. "But that begs the question, what the hell are you doing here?"

"After Loc Muinne. I went to a hideout I've used for years, but the witch hunters found me. So I went to an ex lover, while I was trying to figure out how to replicate my vision he came rushing into my room, told me the witch hunters were there to get me. He told me 'turn into an owl and just stay on the desk' so I did that. Polymorphed and before I could even figure anything out, I felt a chain around my ankle, when I tried going back into human form I couldn't. It hurts like hell, remember what I told you dimeritium can do to a mage's skin." she says, she lifts her dress a bit and i see a burn around her ankle.

"Can you get me some water as well?" she asks and I stand as she continues to talk.

"For months, he mocked me. Would constantly remind me of how vulnerable I was, then about a week ago the witch hunter busted into his home, and he howled and shouted. I wish I could have seen it happening. Then I get pulled out into the outside world where I was bid on like some piece of junk. I was then sold to whoever that dwarf is, for 200 crowns can you believe it? I like to think my owl form is worth at least a couple thousand" she says and I laugh.

"I think the no eyes thing may have lowered the value" I told her. I placed a mug of what I hope is water.

She sips it and cringes.

"That's definitely from the wells" she says.

"What happened to your eyes anyway?" I ask.

"Radovid removed them, once I have the energy I'll be magically replicating it" she says. "But enough about me, what brings you to Novigrad?" she asks.

"Looking for Ciri"

"Really? So she came back after all" she says.

"I came here looking for Dandelion, unfortunately it looks like I have to search elsewhere" I say.

"Do you have a plan?"

"No, but I know where I'm headed" I tell her.

"Oh? And where is that if I may ask?" she asks.

"To see Priscilla, the name here says Calonetta. That would be Priscilla, an old friend of mine."

"Friends with Dandelion it seems like. Poor girl." Philippa says.

"She can handle herself, she's just as much of a wild child as he is. But she'll know what to do, she's clever like that" I say and Philippa nods.

"You'll have to excuse me for not joining you. But I'm sick of being an owl, and if I stepped outside it'd be a death sentence" she says.

"Don't worry about it, Zoltan will probably come back, tell him to meet up with me yeah." I say standing.

"I can do that much I guess. Be safe, witchers aren't on the witch hunters friend list either" she says.

"Will do, rest up. I should be back by midnight" I say and she simply nods.

Timeskip.

Walking through Novigrad, I found my way to the kingfisher, where she was from posters I had seen around. Walking in I see the bartender look me up and down, as I approach him.

"What can I get ye?" he asks.

"I'm looking for a woman named Priscilla, is she around here?"

The man looks at me with a questioning look.

"What do you want wit'er?" he asks.

"I'm not here to hurt her, I'm a friend of hers" I say.

The man still looks hesitant, but before he can respond we hear that angelic voice.

"Still causing trouble, are we Y/n?" she asks. I turn and smile at the Trobairitz.

"What can I say, it just seems to find me" I say as she hugs me.

"It's so good to see you," she says.

"Good to see you too. You look great," I say.

"Come on, we'll talk upstairs" she says.