The Spirit

Elijah slowly started to come back to life, the gray color started to slowly fade and his skin color went back to normal. He felt a piercing pain in his chest and looked down on the wooden stake that was going through his body. Elijah took a firm hold of the stake, he groaned when he pulled it out and threw it to the side. He looked down on the ground to see flowers laying by his feets.

"Rosabell..." He said quietly. If it would be anyone other than Rosabell that had stabbed him, he would hunt them down and rip their heart out. And it also wasn't Rosabell that had staked him, someone possessed her, a blond woman. Elijah picked up his phone and made a phone call, he would need help with this mess.

*******

Rosabell laid on her bed surrounded by used tissues and her eyes were red from all the crying. She just wanted to lay in the bed for the rest of her life, she had just killed Elijah. Her thoughts were spinning, had Elijah just used her to get to Elena? And even if she hadn't known him for long he had become someone she cared for deeply, but what if he just played with her feelings?

Rosabell had come back to her senses right when she had staked Elijah, she didn't know why she had done it. Could it be that she let her emotions take control of her again? She didn't know what to feel, in one moment she felt guilt, in the other she felt anger, it was confusing.

*******

Rosabell was sitting in a car with Damon and Rose towards Richmond. Damon had lured her to get out of her room. "Rosa, this is a great way to forget that manipulative easter bunny named Elijah." Damon looked back at the young girl and a small smile escaped her lips, he hadn't seen her smile since she stabbed Elijah. "There is a smile." Damon mocked her, "Was it the easter bunny reference?"

Rosabell let out a small laugh this time. Rosa and Damon had talked for hours after what happened, and even if she agreed that Elijah probably just manipulated her to get to Elenar it still hurt. She sighed as the car drow down into an underground parking lot. Damon turned off the car and went out, and opened the door for Rosa and put on the biggest smile he possibly could.

"Back entrance. How convenient." Damon was a little bit amazed by it, but was careful not to show it to Rose. He closed the door after Rosabell and walked after the other vampire.

"That's the point. We can't all have little daylight rings." Rose scoffed and opened the door into the building. Damon looked back and saw that Rosa was still standing by the car. He made a gesture for her to follow after, but she just shook her head.

"I will get some fresh air. And I don't feel like walking into a coffee shop full of vampires." She said and started making her way out.

"Little Gilbert, be careful!" Damon shouted after her.

Rosabell walked out from the parking lot and found herself in a city she had never been in. She sat down at a bench in the small park near the coffee shop, and right in front of her sat a musician playing the guitar. She could see Damon and Rose inside, sitting and talking with Slater. And then the guilt hit her again, she had killed Elijah. Rosa put her head in her hands, she tried telling herself that he was dead, but something told her otherwise, something deep inside of her hoped that he wasn't dead. Someone sat down on the other end of the bench, but she didn't bother to look up, after all it was a public place.

"Lovely day isn't it Rosabell?" Rosa's head snapped towards the direction the voice was coming from. She felt her heart skip a beat, she didn't know if it was from surprise or fear, but the person that was sitting next to her was no other than Elijah Mikaelson.