Triskelion

He was fast, faster then her! She had fallen to the ground and was trying to get up. She felt a sharp pain in her hand and saw blood coming from a deep wound, but it was too late! The man had already caught up with her.

"Wait! Wait."

"Stay away from me!" She said while backing away from the man

"I'm not gonna hurt you." The brown haired man said

"What have you become?" She felt how her whole body was shaking of fear, how her heart told her to run

"I am who I always been. I'm the one who loves you." He almost whispered

"Your mother asked for my blood. She said nothing of the dark magic that would turn you into a monster."

"Look at me... I am not a mons..." The man stammered at the world monster. He knew what he had become and had now sensed the smell of her blood, and it was hard for him to resist it. His eyes changed and the hunger kicked in. "Tatia." He pleaded and walked towards her.

She was scared and without thinking, she slapped the man across the face with her bloody hand.

"I said I will not hurt you. I don't want to..." The man's face had now totally changed, blood red eyes with notable veins around them, and visible fangs in his mouth.

"Elijah." She knew what was coming, the man she loved was now gone

"Run!" He said while trying to fight the desire of her blood. But he couldn't. He rushed toward her and bit her in the neck, not letting go until he had finished the last drop of her blood...

Rosabell woke up with her ears ringing, it felt like her head was going to explode. She felt how something warm ran down her neck, and when she looked in the mirror she saw blood. It looked like two bite marks and she panicked. She rushed to the bathroom and grabbed a towel. In pure terror she tried wiping it away, but the towel was as white as before. When she looked up in the mirror she saw the woman from her dream, she remembered the blue medieval dress and the brown braided hair. But that wasn't what freaked her out. What freaked her out was that the women looked exactly like Elena! Rosa screamed and at the same time the mirror started shaking and shattered.

She could her footsteps running up the stairs. "Rosa! Rosabell!" Jenna shouted and stormed into her room. Jenna found her standing with her hands covering her mouth, looking up at the shattered mirror. "Rosa, what happened?"

"I...I don't know. I thought that... that I saw..." Rosa hesitated if she should tell her aunt what really had happened. Maybe she was going insane, maybe she had started to see things, maybe something happened when she hit her head. She walked back into her bedroom, while her aunt still looked at her in confusion. "You know that you are the best aunt ever, right?"

"I..I don't know about that." Jenna chuckled while following every move Rosa made. "So, what really happened up here? Because I still haven't heard an explanation for the mirror."

"I saw a spider on the mirror and I stupidly tried to catch it, and... the mirror broke." Rosa lied and made her way down the stairs. "I promise I will buy a new one!" Rosa yelled before closing the front door.

Rosa knew that she shouldn't lie, but how would she explain what just had happened! Rosa knew that the only person that would listen to her was Bonnie.

A few days after the fund-raising car wash, Bonnie had called Rosa and wanted to talk. That's when she told Rosa she was the one who started the car fire that day, that she was a witch.

Rosa hurried to Bonnie's grandmother's house, where she had stayed the last few days, hoping she hadn't gone out yet. She walked up to the house and knocked, a few seconds later Sheila Bennett opened the door with a smile on her face.

"Rosabell, how wonderful to see you." She said and embraced her, "I have waited for you, come in." She said and walked back into the house.

Rosa followed after her into the living room and sat down. "Were you expecting me?" She asked, a bit shocked.

"Yes, I was. The spirits told me you would need guidance with your... powers." She smiled. "You see, I believe you're a witch."

"I, a witch? You're joking right?"

"Tell me, have you had some kind of strange experience lately? Like weird dreams?"

"Yes, yes I actually have. But how did you know?" Rosa was shocked, how did she know that!

"As I said, the spirits told me. So please tell me more about your dreams."

In the beginning Rosa felt a little bit uncomfortable telling Sheila about her weird dreams. But after drinking a cup of the tea she had prepared for her, Rosa opened up about her dreams, about the man in the forest, and also about what had happened just that morning. Sheila looked at her and went to find an old book. The hours passed by and Sheila showed and told her about magic. They looked through old grimoires and she stopped at a page named "Druids".

"Rosabell, have you ever seen a marking like this in your dreams?" She pointed at a symbol consisting of three curved segments spiraling from a common center, a triskelion.

"That's a triskelion. But I don't remember seeing it in my dreams. Why are you wondering, if I may ask?"

"Oh, I'm just wondering. There is a story speaking of powerful witches, druids, but no one has seen one for centuries." She said while looking down at the book again. "The druids have a strong connection to the triskelion. But maybe the spirits are wrong this time... maybe." She said and stood up, "Rosabell, it has been lovely talking to you, but I think it's time for you to leave."

"Of course, sorry for taking your time." Rosa said, a bit confused, while Sheila opened the door for her.

"No, not at all. It was lovely talking to you, but remember, let the spirits guide you." She said and closed the door.

Rosa didn't quite understand what just had happened, why had Sheila been in such a hurry to make her leave?