Chapter 8

The next morning, I wake up to a loud crash. I look around to see what had happened. I don't see anything. Nothing had fallen, nothing was broken. Except something was.

I turn around to go back to sleep, and that's when I see it.

A rock.

In the middle of my bedroom floor.

Where did that come from? I look around my room again, but I still don't see anything, so I pull back the covers to stand up. But when I stand up I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my right leg and left arm. I look down, and see sharp pieces of glass sticking out of my skin in multiple places.

'Shit'. I think. I know what happened. I look over at the window, and prove myself correct.

Someone threw a rock at my window. The window broke. The shattered glass is now stabbing me in about 5 different places. There was probably a cut on my face somewhere too. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. I had no idea where anyone was, if they were here, if they left, if they were sleeping. I didn't know what to do. I probably should have asked Joe where he was staying- if he was staying. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't even know what the number for 911 is here. I've got a lot to do.

I check the time, and it's 8:05 in the morning. That means that Ryan is still sleeping for at least another hour. Bobby and Maura have already left for work. I peek out the window, and I see the guys are all outside. There's someone else I don't recognize though. Liam and the stranger seem to be having a serious conversation. He keeps motioning to the window so it's probably the guys who threw a rock at my window.

Well so they're up. Joe isn't there though. He's probably really tired still. I pick up my phone and call Niall.

"Hello?" He answers after the first ring.

"Niall?" I say, tears falling down my face. I peer out the window at him outside. He turns away from the guys and lowers his voice.

"Bri? What happened? Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

"Um, I- I-" I can't even get the words out of my mouth. But I think he already knew, because he looked up at my window, and made eye contact with me.

"OH SHIT!" He screamed, making the connection.

He runs into the house without hanging up the phone. Zayn must have figured out what happened because a second later he dashed into the house after Niall. No one else had figured it out yet, so they stayed with Liam, who was still talking to the kid who threw the rock.

"Briella!" Niall rushes into my room.

I drop my phone on the bed, and the tears start running faster down my face. Zayn appears in the doorway a second later. Niall turns around and goes back into the hallway. Zayn runs over to me, and picks up a sweatshirt off of the floor, and begins to wrap it around my arm.

"JOE GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!" I hear Niall yelling in the hall.

My head starts to become really dizzy. It's getting harder to breathe. I think I stumbled back a bit, because I felt something hard against my back. I'm losing too much blood. The room is going dark. I reach out and grab something. I think it's Zayn's shirt.

"Help me." I whisper.

And then everything went dark.

*****

Zayn's POV:

"Why the hell would you do that?" Liam shouts at the kid.

I feel a little bad. It's just a kid. He looks like he might start crying. He couldn't be more than 12, maybe 13 years old. I step forward and grab Liam's shoulder.