Chapter Seven Part Two

Grey 6-2-6 watched from the shadows as the agent crept closer to the body of Hawk's Scream. His rifle was held firm as he studied the man carefully. Grey knew there was something wrong, Hawk's Scream took a bullet point blank to the chest, but there was no blood. He studied him for a moment, and shook his head when he saw the amour the Dakota man wore. Grey just shook his head. They'd been duped. "There was no blood," he whispered, loud enough for the agent to hear. The agent turned to look back to Grey for just a moment, but it was a moment long enough.

"You're new to this game aren't you?" the agent heard the muffled voice of Hawk's Scream say aloud. The agent looked to Maxwell again, eyes wide with slight shock. "That hurt. Good thing I was wearing Kevlar." He swept his legs and caught the agent by surprise, taking out his legs and dropping him quickly to the ground. His rifle clattered away on the pavement as Maxwell lept up into the air. "That'll leave a good sized welt in the morning, but nothing compared to what I've got planned for you."

Grey stayed back in the shadows and watched as the well muscled man began hammering the agent with blow after well calculated blow. He wasn't a finesse fighter, of that Grey was certain. He was a street fighter, a boxer, who relied on power and speed to fell his foes. It would be an interesting fight, should Grey have to face him. No doubt he would indeed have to. Hawk's Scream took down the agent with ease. Grey snorted as he thought of Maxwell's comment. Yes, the agent was green, of that there was no doubt. A true agent of the Red Hand wouldn't have aimed for the chest, but the head. Little matter now.

Hawk's Scream had just become an asset for Grey, and his commanding officer, Operative Violet Rose.

He stepped out of the shadows and set his weapons on the ground, staring intently at Hawk's Scream. Maxwell could feel the burning eyes bore into him, and knew this would not be an easy fight. But he didn't have a choice. Grey positioned himself carefully, the styling of his training well hidden, he didn't want to give anything away to this man. Not like what he learned of Maxwell in so short a time. The only thing he had to worry about was if Maxwell actually got a hold of him, and took to the air. It was obvious this man was adept at fighting mid air.

"No words," Grey simply stated to Hawk's Scream as he held out his hand, middle and index finger together, pointing toward Maxwell.

"Then we shall begin."

Naomi used her wings as shields, covering herself from time to time as bullets bounced off the lightweight steel sheaths. When there was a pause in the shooting, she rushed forward, slamming herself into Sister Eventide, and driving her into the nearest wall. The motion was enough to knock the wind out of her and knock her out of the fight. That left just the last of the Sisters. She looked to Sister White, and then to Gerald. He had paled a great deal, but his girlfriend was trying to contain the blood flow, and doing an admirable job. She had to act quickly and take White out fast.

Sister White noticed the look of concern in Naomi's eyes, knowing full well that they boy was growing closer and closer to death. This had to be done precisely. She stepped forward, lining herself up against Naomi, blade held in front of her, eyes steeled and ready for battle. Naomi matched the movements, slowly moving in against the Sister. When she was close enough, Sister White said one thing in a hushed tone.

“Just make this look good.”

The comment took Naomi aback for just a moment, but she narrowed her eyes and advanced quickly. Sister White parried blow after blow, moving her steps backward toward the two youngsters. She knew what Naomi was doing. Forcing her into retreat. But she didn't want the woman to get her hands on her.

Naomi just wanted Sister White to back down, leave the fight and sense the urgency for mercy. As she fought, she managed to turn on her headset comm. “Lieutenant Naomi Running Cloud requesting assistance. Have found the boy, he is in need of immediate medical attention. Currently engaged with final target.”

“Understood, Lieutenant,” Captain Schwartz was heard to say over the comm. Contacting EMS immediately.

Naomi continued her assault against Sister White. Blow for blow, matched with a parry. And then, Naomi saw an opening. Whether created by Sister White or not did not matter. She was going to take it. She lashed out, catching White's jaw with a balled up fist, driving her left hand into White's midsection. As Sister White crumpled to the floor, she raced over to the two youngsters. “Hold on,” she instructed them as she looked to Gerald. “You're not gonna die today, kiddo.” Naomi looper her arms around their waists, the girl clutched to Gerald, helping to hold him in place. “Don't freak out,” Naomi told her. “We're going up.”

The girl only gasped slightly, the entire ordeal was still a shock. But with grace and agility, Naomi crouched down and shot into the air, her wings pushing upward to lift her feet from the earth with her two packages. As she began to soar over the first rooftop, the call came in over her comm.

“Lieutenant Runnin' Cloud,” the voice seemed to drawl. “EMS is waitin' at the main entrance ta the University. Can ya make it?”

“You got, Sir. I'll be there shortly.” She steered herself toward the location given to her, her arms were growing tired, but she held the two packages firm. At least Gerald had a hope now.