37

Ever since the food failure that William packed once, you haven't allowed him to make your lunches. You don't need another sandwich catastrophe that makes you feel sick for the rest of the day. So, you usually hang out with Mr. Guy for your lunch breaks, as you have breaks simultaneously. It's really convenient.

Mr. Guy still continues the tradition of bringing lunches for the two of you, even if Dave isn't here. You try to tell him that he doesn't need to, though he always insists that he has enough time on his hands. You would try to get him out more and meet some people, but you heard from Jeremy how that went. It's best if you steer clear of that.

You knocked on Mr. Guy's office door, waiting for a few seconds before he called for you to come in. The door creaked as it normally did and the old, small wooden chair is still as uncomfortable as it always is. For Christmas this year you're going to get a new chair for this office. It's a gift for everyone who sits on it.

"Mx. (L/N), would you be comfortable going to the store with me? I just have a few things to pick up for Ketchup," Mr. Guy asked. You've gone on little adventures with him before, so this wasn't too unusual.

"Sure, I can go," You replied. You didn't bring a lunch today, nor were you hungry, so there was nothing stopping you. Besides, who wouldn't want some time with their best friend? Even if it was just a quick trip to the store.

Mr. Guy picked his jacket off the back of his chair and put it on, making sure his wallet was still inside. "Great! Uh, I just have to tell Mr. Fitzgerald and Mr. Smith, and we can get going."

It didn't even occur to you that you would be leaving the lovebirds alone. They've managed it before, of course, but that doesn't mean you can't worry. There are some strange people in the small town of Hurricane, Utah that you will never grow to trust.

You get up from your chair and follow Mr. Guy out of his office. Jeremy was standing by the entrance with Michael, like normal. That made your job of finding both of them easier. "We'll be back, you two. Don't burn the place down."

Jeremy scoffed at the warning. You know what happened with Joan when you, Dave, and Mr. Guy left to Arizona. Your warning has a reason to be given. "Yeah, yeah. Have fun!" Jeremy said as you walked out the door.

You got into the passenger seat, while Mr. Guy got in and started the car. We started off our short journey to the store. "So, how's Ketchup doing?" You asked, breaking the short silence.

"He's doing good. Still freaks out whenever he hears music. I can't seem to figure out what that's about."

You remember cat-sitting one night around the time when Mr. Guy first got Ketchup. He had a gathering to go to, so he hired you to watch him. You decided to try a random musical in the movie pile for something to watch. It's the obvious choice when staying at your manager's place. Well apparently, it was the wrong choice. Ketchup started to claw at the couch, knock things over, and eventually started to attack you. Thankfully, before your eyes could have been clawed out, Mr. Guy arrived home and stopped him. He apologized for it a billion times and you assured him that it was fine, you didn't get too injured. You just got a few scratches. Sad part about it was that the musical wasn't even that good. Average, at best.

To stop this from happening every time Ketchup hears music, Mr. Guy bought a happy hoodie for him. It seems to work well, as he doesn't show up to work with scratches all over him.

"Hm... I have no idea. Is the happy hoodie working?" You ask, curious.

"Oh, yeah. It works great. He's so calm when be has it on, it's almost a whole different cat," Mr. Guy informed. You chuckled at picturing Ketchup in the happy hoodie. You should get William one, it might make him happy, too.