2

You heard a door close behind you, so you turned to look. It was Dave, of course. He was the only person you haven't greeted this morning. "Good morning, Dave- what happened to you?" You ask as you spot blood dripping down the side of his face. He didn't seem to be in pain, so you assume that's a good thing.

"Bit of a malfunction 's'all! Nothin' like a bit of adrenaline in the mornin' to get ya fired up fer the day!" Dave exclaimed. You nodded hesitantly.

"Do you need bandages or something? I can find some for you."

"No need, I feel alive (L/N)!" Dave said, before storming off down the hallway.

"Okay then..." you muttered, still thoroughly confused.

.............................................

As the day continued, and parties went in and out, you didn't see Dave anywhere. You weren't worried about this, he always disappears during the day unless you need him. What worried you is the wound he had. It could get infected if not treated properly. Especially in a dirty place like this, that is completely covered in children's germs.

"Jeremy, do you know where Dave went?" You asked him. Jeremy thought for a second.

"Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him at all. I wonder what that weirdo does all day, because he's not doing what he's paid for."

As if on cue, Dave walked passed the stage. "Hey, Dave!" You yelled out to get his attention. He looks towards you. "Did you get that cut cleaned up? It looked pretty bad this morning."

"Aww, thanks for carin', darlin'. I cleaned it up fine this mornin'."

"Don't call me that." You told him, feeling your face heat up. Jeremy chuckled behind you. "I'm glad you're alright."

Dave smirked before continuing to walk around the restaurant. You figured you wouldn't see him again until it was time to go. You turned back to Jeremy. He let out a laugh he was poorly holding in.

"What? It wasn't that funny."

"You should be happy he talks to you! Anytime he's near me, he just glares in my direction. It creeps me out, man," Jeremy complained. You smiled. You did wonder why Dave was friendly to you. You've seen him be nice to Mr. Guy, so maybe it's just Jeremy he has a problem with.

"That sounds rough. I can't imagine the torture." You said, sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up (Y/N)," Jeremy joked. You laughed with him.

.............................................

You decided to eat your lunch with Mr. Guy, as you had your break around the same he eats. He seemed comfortable with you being there (because you asked politely), so you stayed.

But, just as you were about to start eating, you heard loud footsteps approaching Mr. Guy's office. You knew who it was by the steps alone. There's only one person who stomps around this place like he owns it. The one person being a blonde Texan.

"Howdy Philip!" Dave yelled, bursting through the door. He realizes you were here as well, and grins.

"Mr. Miller, this is the eighth time this week you've barged into my office unannounced, and it's only Tuesday."

"Aw, c'mon, Mr. Manager. Doncha ever get lonely sitting in here all day? You could use some company."

Phil gestures toward you, and you smile. Dave rolls his eyes. "What I could use is your help around the restaurant. You know, the job I'm paying you for."

"Then why doncha just send me out?"

"That's repeatedly proven to be futile."

"So, what's fer lunch?" You watch as Dave grabs some of Mr. Guy's food. He tries to stop him, but that was also proven to be futile. "Mmm! Salty today, aren't they?" Dave says. Dave reaches for your drink, and before you can stop him, he sips it. You snatch it out of his hands. Mr. Guy looks at you, and you shrug, not really caring that he's here.