21

You were starting your break soon after a quite busy day. You just had to wait for Fritz to get off of his break, and you can relax for a minute or two.

Today you had something to look forward to during your lunch break. Dave had tried to pack your lunch for a change. He kicked you out of the kitchen and refused to let you help him. You had zero clue what he could've packed if he did pack anything at all.

You haven't talked to Mr. Guy in a while, due to the secret you've been hiding. It's hard not to tell him that you know where he is, and that he's at your house. So, you've been avoiding him. You feel guilty, but it's what you have to do.

"Mx. (L/N), could we talk for a moment?" Mr. Guy came out of his office when you were walking past. He seemed nervous and you couldn't tell why. He better not have figured anything out.

Should you talk to him? He is still your manager, so maybe it's something work-related. "Uh, sure."

Mr. Guy lets you into his office and you both sit down. Every time you sit on this wooden chair, it never gets more comfortable. "Has everything been going alright? You seem distant. Not just with me, but with everyone around too."

Well, that's not what you were expecting. You now have to think about what to say, because you can't say the real reason. There's absolutely no way.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah... I'm fine. Just dealing with some personal things. You know how that is," You tell him. It isn't really the truth, but it certainly isn't a lie.

He nods, understandingly. "Well, if you ever need to talk about it, I'm here. I know you must be going through a lot of emotions with... his disappearance."

"Yeah... I am," You lie, avoiding eye contact. "I, uh, better get going."

"It's your break, isn't it?" Mr. Guy says. You nod, getting out of the wooden chair. "I brought lunch for both of us! Like how we used to, before... uh. I thought we could get back into that habit with just the two of us."

You knew if you spent more time with him, he'd eventually try and figure out what was wrong. You can't have that happening. So, as much as you'd like to have lunch with him, you have to decline. "Sorry, Mr. Guy. I already have lunch prepared."

"Oh. Well, that's okay. There's always tomorrow, right?" Mr. Guy sounded disappointed that you couldn't join him, and you felt bad. Once again, Dave is making things complicated.

"Right."

You walk out of his office, quickly, not wanting to talk anymore. You went to your locker and unlocked it, grabbing your lunch. You walked over to where you knew Jeremy would be. You saw Fritz run out, looking flustered. You go in and see Jeremy staring at the door.

"Everything alright, Jeremy?" You ask, confused.

"I guess. I invited Fritz over, then he freaked out. Did I scare him away?" Jeremy explains. You had to hold in a laugh at his obliviousness.

"No, you didn't. I'm sure he just has to think about the offer. Don't worry about it," You reassure him. You don't want to say what you were thinking. You want them to find out for themselves.

"Okay, yeah. Thanks, (Y/N)."

You sat down at one of the tables and Jeremy went to the seat in front of you. You looked at the table, going to unpack your lunch. In the process, you saw a drop of peanut butter on the table. You wiped it off, before grabbing a wet wipe to clean it better. "You should be careful kissing Fritz. He eats peanut butter sandwiches a lot."

Jeremy's eyes widen in shock before his face turned red. "I'm not gonna kiss Fritz."

"Sure, you aren't. Keep lying to yourself," You say, opening the bag Dave packed for you. You look inside and see an apple (that you were sure has gone bad), and a sandwich in a bag. You pulled them out and inspected the sandwich. It had pickles, cheese, and mayonnaise on it. You stared at it, confused. What the hell did Dave make you?

"What is it?" Jeremy picked up your sandwich. He looked at the ingredients and dropped it back down to the table, disgusted. "Ew. Why'd you make that?"

"I didn't. My... friend did. They were over at my house last night."

"Well, tell them that they're banned from making sandwiches again. Yikes," Jeremy told you. You laughed, knowing Dave wouldn't be happy hearing that.

You pulled the sandwich back over to you, taking it out the bag. It surely can't be that bad. Dave isn't trying to kill you.

Once you took a bite, you were pleasantly surprised. It's not bad at all. Maybe Dave actually knew what he was doing.

"Do you need the ambulance?" Jeremy joked. You swallowed your bite before replying.

"Honestly, it's pretty good. You should have some!" You shoved the sandwich toward Jeremy, before he shoved it back.

"Hell no. You can keep your gross food."

You shrugged and took another bite. You'll have to thank Dave when you get home.

.............................................

"Dave, you here?" You called out for him. He usually greets you at the door, but he wasn't there. You were worried he had left again, reasonably. You heard scrambling in your guest bedroom, before the door swung open. Dave came out, smiling.

"Hello darlin', how was your day? More importantly, how was your lunch?" Dave greeted you. He stepped into the kitchen, and wiped down the counter. You noticed the dishes were washed and dried.

"My day was fine. As for lunch, I had my doubts about it, but it was good," You admitted.

Dave smiled, proud of himself. "Great! I knew ya would like it."

"Did you do the dishes?" You ask. Dave usually didn't do much around here, so you were surprised the dishes were done.

"No, a stranger wandered in and did dishes for ya. Of course, I did 'em."

"Aw, thank you, Dave. You didn't have to," You kiss his cheek and grab a plate from the drying rack. You decide to put the dishes away, since Dave washed them. 

"I-It's no problem," Dave said, flustered. You always marvelled at how easy it was to make him like that. A simple compliment was all it took, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

"Did you eat already? Would you like something for dinner?" You knew he usually ate when you get home, but you always check.

"I ate, don't worry, my love."

You still haven't gotten used to that name. It made you happier knowing that he loved you. "Hm, that's good. I'm going to head to bed, today was tiring. Goodnight-"

"Can I sleep with ya tonight? Have I suffered enough on the couch?" He interrupted you. You chuckle at him. You forgot how dramatic he could be.

"Well, first off, the couch is quite comfy. I gave you pillows and blankets. But, sure, you can stay in my bed tonight."

"Yes!" Dave ran to the couch, and grabbed his blankets. He also pulled out his suitcase, and grabbed the snake plush you got at the fair for him. You didn't know he still had that.

Dave went to your room, and instantly made himself comfortable on your bed. You changed in the bathroom, before getting into bed yourself. Dave cuddled up to you immediately.

"I missed this," He whispered. You couldn't help but feel the same way.

"Goodnight, Dave."

.............................................

Okay, okay, don't judge me here, but the pickle, cheese and mayo sandwich wasn't my choice. I texted my groupchat and said "think of some disgusting sandwich", and one of them said that. I was like "ew gross", but thought I should probably have some fact to the disgustingness of it. So, I made it (regretably). Holy shit, it was the best thing I've ate in years. I'm not saying you should try it, but it was pretty good. Please don't judge me lol.

But anyway, I hope you don't mind how these last few chapters have been set up. I can't really think of a different way, so I'm settling for this. I can't thank you enough for the kind messages and support, y'all make me so happy. I don't know if you're okay with knowing a bit of my life in the authors notes, but I've doing it. Tell me your thoughts, I guess. Thank you, and have a good day/night!