17

You're sitting at the table, bored out of your mind. Nobody's coming to the restaurant, so it's only you and your thoughts. Well, Joan and Jeremy are here too. You haven't talked to them in a while. They seem to be ignoring you. You don't blame them. You haven't been yourself lately.

Ever since Dave mysteriously disappeared from both your house and Vincent and Scott's, your mood has gone down significantly. You've been focused on him, and nothing else. Even at work, you can barely interact with anyone.

You wish you never said anything to Dave. He would still be here, probably holding your hand, if you didn't ask him about it. But now he's gone, and you know in your mind that it's your fault. You started the fight, and he left.

The only person that understands what's wrong is Mr. Guy. He's been helping you try and get over Dave being missing. He's also trying to help himself get over him. So, we help each other. It's comforting to have someone here for you.

You didn't tell Mr. Guy about the fight, and what you brought up. If Dave didn't want you to know, certainly he doesn't want Mr. Guy to know. So, all you've told him is that he left your house at night.

You saw Jeremy talking to himself, so you paid attention. He was by the prize counter, happier than usual. He jumped over the counter, falling. He got back up and grabbed the Freddy hat he's been trying to get for a long time. You were proud of him, knowing that was his goal. Though, you don't want to say anything.

Joan walked over, watching Jeremy as well. He put the hat on. "Hey, whatcha doin' there?" Joan asked him. You didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation, so you got up and went over to Mr. Guy's office. You could feel the two's eyes on the back of your head. You hope they don't worry, but it's clear they do.

You knocked on Mr. Guy's office, before hearing him call you inside. Opening the door, you saw him dialing a phone number. You already had a pretty good guess of who he was calling. He's been frequently trying to ask Scott and Vincent if Dave's there. You've told him countless times that he isn't, but he wants to try, anyway.

"Good afternoon, Mx. (L/N)," Mr. Guy greets. He brought the phone up to his ear, waiting. You didn't speak and sat down on the wooden chair across his desk. He waited for a few more seconds, almost giving up hope before Scott picked up. You were shocked that he would, considering you know that they've been ignoring him. "Hello?!... hello?... is anyone there?"

You frowned when he hung up. "Mr. Guy, Dave isn't going to be with his friends. I know that for a fact. But, he'll turn up, I'm sure of it."

You aren't sure of it. You don't know if Dave will ever come back. He said he would, but everyone knows he's a liar. Even when you don't want to admit it.

You and Mr. Guy heard knocks on the door. Mr. Guy called them in. You turned and saw Joan and Jeremy peeking their heads in. They greet the two of you.

"How are things holding up?" Joan asked.

"I'm fine! Everything's fine. Just... I think we may need to start looking for a new employee..." Mr. Guy admitted. You looked down at your lap, not liking the sound of that. You don't want anyone to replace Dave. But, it would be best if you moved on. You can't be stuck on him forever, and you know that. No matter how much it hurts.

"Really?!" Jeremy exclaimed, excited for a new employee. One that's name doesn't start with D and end with E. You stare at him, smiling. Seeing him excited is a good thing. Besides, you can't let your bad mood get everyone down.

Joan elbowed Jeremy, signaling him to shut up. She knew that both you and Mr. Guy still cared about Dave. "You're sure he isn't coming back?"

"I'm sure. If he came back, it would be to grab some stuff, then go. You shouldn't worry about Dave coming back," you answered. You're angry with him, and you have every right to be. He's hurting your friends, and you. If he did come back, it wouldn't be the same as it used to be. You have to accept that.

"I agree. If he were sick, he would have... said something. But these things happen, I suppose. One day your employee is telling you how he likes his sandwiches, then the next day he disappears instead of putting his two weeks in, hah..." Mr. Guy spoke his mind. You felt terrible for him. He had a friend that had finally broken through his walls, only for him to be gone right after.

"Y'know, Jeremy and I were thinking about going out to the dinner after locking up. You two should come!" Joan offers you and Mr. Guy. You think about it, not understanding what you want to do. If you go, you could finally cheer yourself up. If you don't, they're going to think you're still upset. You are, but you really don't need them knowing that. You don't want to affect their moods. "It's this new restaurant that serves just about anything you can think of. I've heard nothing but good reviews so far!"

"I'd love to go!" You accepted the offer, putting on the best smile you could.

"Oh... No, no, I'm good. My parents are in town, so..." Mr. Guy declined.

"Don't your parents live here?" You ask. You remember him bringing it up one time.

"Yes. So they're in town. In fact, you three can leave early! I'll lock up by myself."

"Are you sure? Mr. Guy, I think you should get out and clear your mind for a bit. You need it," you told him. He nodded.

"I'm sure, Mx. (Y/N)."

.............................................

You, Joan, and Jeremy got to the new restaurant. You had to admit that it looked great. The good reviews were right.

You sat beside Jeremy, looking out the window. You weren't listening to the conversation until you heard Jeremy begin speaking in a serious tone.

"Y'know, I know it's better now that Dave is gone, but aren't you worried about... and Mr. Guy?" You knew he paused because he didn't want to bring your name into the conversation.

"Jeremy, I'm worried about how you're missing my colour-changing margarita changing colours," Joan told Jeremy. You looked at her drink and saw it actually changing colours. Impressive. "Seriously, though. Phil will be fine. (Y/N) is already trying to get over him, right?" You nodded. "See? We're going to be there for both of them. I bet Phil will get over it in two weeks tops."

"Yeah, yeah, you're right. Are you at least going to share that?" Jeremy took the margarita from Joan, sipping it. He passed it to you, but you declined.

"We are going to need another dayshift employee, though."

.............................................

Hi! That's a wrap on volume three stuff! I'm so so so sorry for not updating in a while! Lots of things were happening for some reason, and I just never found the time. I'm sorry if I worried you that I wasn't going to continue the book. Thank you for 3k+ reads! You are all so incredibly kind, and I hope you know that. Good news, I printed out blueycapsules characters and cut them out to make things I can distract myself with. Make little scenarios and stuff, y'know. Thank you all so much, and have a good day/night!