34

You walked into work earlier than usual. The sleep you had wasn't great, as you got woken up by William's experimenting with the animatronic part you collected at least every 15 minutes. When he did finally get to bed, he passed out right away. But your mind seemed to be awake and wasn't planning on changing that anytime. So, you decided to just get up and get ready for work.

The only one here so far was Mr. Guy. That's what you expected. Someone has to unlock the door. "Good morning Mx. (L/N). Are you feeling any better today?

You assume Mr. Guy is referring to the injury you gained yesterday. It hasn't been bothering you ever since you left work unless you touch it or put pressure on it. You've been trying to avoid those experiences. "Morning. It's fine. Doesn't hurt much anymore, it was more the shock of it happening than the pain. Did you have a good night?"

"I did, actually! I rented a new movie. I had a few problems with it, but overall, it was good," Mr. Guy tells you. You enjoy hearing about his interest in romance movies. He recommends a few for you to watch sometimes, which you can't complain about. It gives you things to do at home whenever you're bored.

As you walk further into the restaurant, you swear you could smell something... off. You knew what the smell was, you've hung out around Jeremy enough to know. You're just confused about why it's here.

Then you remember that Joan was looking for someone to take her shift last night. She told you after you declined that she would ask Fritz or Jeremy.

No way...

They actually did that? On the premises? While on the job? Why the hell would they do that?

"What's that smell?" Mr. Guy asks you.

You can't just throw your friends under the bus and rat them out. That wouldn't be nice. "I have no clue..." You lie. It's not the first time you've lied to Mr. Guy to save the lovebird's asses. They better appreciate this.

"Can you please find out? If we can smell it, the customers will too," He said. At least he volunteered you to find out. Because if he did, he would have been in for a big surprise.

"Yeah, be back in a sec."

You head down to the supply closet to grab a can of air freshener. It will mask the scent for a bit until it clears out. You assume the smell is coming from the security office, so you make your way there first. If the two left the office at all last night, we could have a bigger problem than we already have.

Did Fritz smoke it too? You didn't take him for the type. Well, he probably did it because Jeremy did. Idiots.

The office is a mess. Things are knocked off the desk. There's a chair laying on the floor. How'd that even get in here? The worst of it all is that a slushie (with a combination of flavours only the devil could think of) was spilled on the floor. It melted and then dried onto the floor making it sticky. If you see one of the two today, you're going to punt them into the sun.

You begin to pick things off the floor and place them back in their rightful spots. The fan will help the smell leave, so you plug it in. Then you pick up the phone. How did these even end up on the floor? Actually, you don't want to ask. Sometimes it's better to be oblivious.

Bringing the chair back up and placing it beside the actual office chair, you spot a card. You bend down to pick it up. The first thing that catches your eye is the picture of Fritz. He had longer hair than he does now and was wearing a purple sweater over a purple shirt. He looked tired. Hopefully, he's getting better sleep these days, because it does not look pleasant. Then your eyes drift to the side and start to read the information. Wait...