25

Almost nothing hurt more than waking up the next day and finding out it wasn't a dream. You were still on Jeremy's apartment floor, sleeping your emotions away. Or at least you tried to. They returned when you woke up.

You still had to go to work, no matter how much you wished not to. You had to earn a living somehow. So, Jeremy had brought both of you to work in the morning. He had noticed your mood and decided not to ask, assuming you just had a bad sleep. You were on the floor, after all.

You tried not to alarm Fritz and Jeremy with your feelings, so you avoided them during the day. Strangely, you wanted to talk to Mr. Guy. You haven't done that in a long while. The two of you had emotional talks quite often before William showed back up. You wanted to get back into the habit.

"Hey, Mr. Guy," You greeted as you walked into his office. He looked confused to see it was you.

"Hello, Mx. (L/N). How have you been doing?" You didn't want to answer that.

"Same old same old. But I wanted to ask you something. It's just been on my mind recently, and I thought you might know."

On your way to work today, when Jeremy wasn't talking, you were focussing on a plan to get information. You should've waited to get more from Scott last night, but it's too late for that. You knew Jeremy didn't know anything. So, you thought of a person that might: Mr. Guy. He must know something about William, even if he didn't know that Dave was fake.

"Oh, uh, of course! I can try to help, not sure if I know much, though." Mr. Guy admitted.

"Do you know anyone named William Afton-"

"Where did you find that name?" Mr. Guy interrupts you. Looking at his face, you could tell he was serious about this.

"Just... around. Why?" You question. Mr. Guy sighs and stares down at the table.

"Can I trust you Mx. (L/N)?"

"... Of course."

"At an old Freddy's location, there were murders. I'm sure you've heard rumours about that," Mr. Guy started. You knew this must be hard for him to talk about, so you let him take his time. You weren't in a rush, you just want answers. "William Afton was a man I used to work with during the time of these happenings. I'm sorry, I've, uh, never told anyone this."

"It's okay, Mr. Guy. You don't have to tell me."

"I want to! I trust you with this... One night, I went to fix an animatronic. I- god... there was blood everywhere, Mx. (L/N)... I knew those kids! I can't help but blame myself for not watching them more carefully," Mr. Guy told you. You listened, trying not to think about the terrible details. You can't imagine how Mr. Guy felt. "I never told the police I found the bodies. William told me not to. I had to get rid of the bodies somehow... and I did something I will always regret.."

You let the details sink in. Why in the world would William tell him not to tell the police? There's something you're missing here. But, you had to focus on the traumatized man in front of you first. "Mr. Guy, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." You apologized. You felt terrible.   

"It's not your fault. Just, uh... please don't tell anyone, okay? I trust you won't." You nodded. If he trusts you, of course you won't tell anyone. You don't play around with stuff like this. "Don't you have a party to run soon?" Mr. Guy reminds you. He's right, you do.

You got up from your chair. "I do, thank you, Mr. Guy," You opened the door. "Once again, I'm sorry for asking."

You close the door, about to go get ready for the party. But, you figured Jeremy and Fritz had it covered for now. You had other things to check.