15

You and Dave had woken up early. Too early to awake, but too late to go back to sleep. So, you decided to head to work. By the time you got there, it would be time to arrive, anyway.

The two of you walked hand in hand. You hadn't anticipated it being this cold today, and neither had Dave. You knew it wouldn't be warm, but not this cold. It sucked, and you couldn't wait to get to work. You don't think you've ever been this excited to be there.

Suddenly, you heard a car roll up beside you two. "Hey, fancy seeing you guys here!" It was Mr. Guy in his car.

"Philip? What are you doin' this fine mornin'?" Dave asked. You waved hello to Mr. Guy, letting Dave speak. "As you know, we're on our way to work, so we aren't slackin' off like ya hate so much."

You rolled your eyes. You always get to work on time, and you do everything required of you. "This early? At this rate, you two might actually make it to work on time!"

"Hey, I get to work at the same time as you. Usually," You do have to admit, there have been a few times you were late. You don't think those mattered much though.

"Well, since we're going the same way, mind if I give both of you a lift?" Mr. Guy asked. Dave looked to you for your decision. You didn't find anything wrong with it, so you nodded.

"Well, we'll be much obliged to take ya up on that offer, mister."

"Alright, your chariot awaits you," He says. You get into the backseat, while Dave walks over to the passenger seat. You put your seatbelt on right away, knowing Mr. Guy's strict about it. Dave didn't know apparently, as he had to be reminded to put it on.

As soon as the car started again, Dave pulled out a lighter and a cigarette. You remember him telling you he smoked, so you weren't phased. You continued to stare out the window, just wanting to get to work.

"You mind putting that out and closing the window? It's kind of chilly," Mr. Guy told Dave.

"Glad we were thinking the same thing," you comment. Dave threw the cigarette out, and rolled up his window.

"Fine."

You zoned out while they were talking. You hadn't forgotten about the jars of the strange substance yet. Or the British accent. In fact, they've been crossing your mind a lot recently. You wanted to know some things about Dave. Not that you didn't trust him. Of course, you do. But, you feel there are things he doesn't tell you.

Like when Jeremy knew his "secret". Dave definitely wasn't trying to hide that he steals napkins. He treated it more seriously. Too seriously.

You aren't saying he has to tell you everything. You don't want to invade his privacy, but you'd like answers to some questions. Even short answers would be okay.

You wanted to ask him about these things, though you don't want him to get angry. Because then he wouldn't tell you anything, and he wouldn't be comfortable with you. It was a risky game to ask him about these things. But, you can't avoid it. You'll have to ask him sometime.

You got awoken from your thoughts by a loud honk and Mr. Guy's yelling. Then you heard a different noise you didn't recognize. "What's wrong?"

"Can't be... I forgot to get gas. Uh... any chance you've got any cash on you?" Mr. Guy asks you and Dave.

"No, sorry."

"Mmm... can't say that I do. I spent it all on those donuts the other day," Dave lied. Well, he didn't have any cash on him; that part is true. You know it isn't because of the donuts, though.

"Bullshit," you muttered. Dave glared at you, and you glared back.

"The donuts you ate all of before you even got back?!" Mr. Guy questioned.