3

Usually, when you arrived at work, Dave would already be there. But, there was a surprising lack of the Texan this morning. You knew that he should be here, you even asked Mr. Guy. Jeremy got his hopes up about Dave not being there at all, which you ignored.

Fortunately, Jeremy was disappointed. Dave showed up thirty minutes late for his shift. You were the first to see him (not because you were waiting for him, you were just in the area at the time), and you could see something was off.

"Finally, you're here. I'll go make sure Mr. Guy doesn't fire you," you joked. Dave nodded his head, acknowledging your words. You began to walk away before you heard him grunt. You turned back around, to see him hunched over. "You okay, Dave?"

"Yeah, uh, could ya get me a chair?" He asked. Though confused, you complied and grabbed him a chair from an empty table. You brought it over to him and Dave immediately sat down. "Thank ya, darlin'."

"Are you going to explain or...?"

"My leg seems to be in so much pain today," Dave says.

"Just like how your arm hurt the other day? And your back the week before?" You asked. You already knew that this is an excuse to get out of work. You couldn't begin to count how many times he's tried, whether it worked or not.

"I don't think I can do any work today. I mean, I can barely move. The pain is just too much, (Y/N)!" Dave exclaimed. You stared at him, clearly not believing his act. "What are ya starin' at?"

"You do realize people are going to notice you aren't actually injured, right?" You questioned. Dave put his hand on his chest, offended. "Ever heard of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?"

"I'm not fakin' it!" Dave argued.

"Whatever. You're telling Mr. Guy, I did it for you last time."

Not surprisingly, whenever Dave had something new to tell our manager, like an excuse, he'd get you to do it. He would pull you out of whatever you were doing, and ask you to. You do consider it sweet that he trusts you. You just wish he didn't do it as often as he does.

"Well, can you help me to his office? I told ya, my leg is killin' me!" You rolled your eyes, before walking behind his chair. You put your hands on the back and began to push. "Wait-"

Dave fell off the chair, landing on his stomach. You failed to conceal your laughter and looked down at him. Dave stayed on the ground, muttering words you couldn't make out.

"I'm sorry, Dave, I really am," you continued to laugh. Dave rolled over onto his back, propping himself up with his hands.

"Are you tryin' to kill me?!" Dave shouted. You went over to him and reached a hand out for him to take. He took it and you pulled him up. Dave leaned on you for support, still keeping up with the injured leg act. "Doncha dare put me back on that chair! I don't trust it anymore."

"So, you want me to carry you Mr. Guy's office?" You asked, jokingly. Dave thought for a second, before nodding. "That's not happening."

"Well, you can always tell him for me, darlin'."

"Fine! I will. Just don't bother Jeremy, he's going to be pissed to see you."

.............................................

Even though there were three employees supposed to be working, you could only ever see two. You, Jeremy, and Dave (especially Dave and Jeremy) had been told to set aside our differences and work together. You can see why Mr. Guy said that, considering this party was pretty big. Lots of possibilities for disaster.

Of course, the ones who needed the reminder, didn't listen. You hadn't seen Dave this entire party. You assumed he was in the parts and service room, but you weren't going to go check. No way. Jeremy was helping the kids, along with you.