13

You were worried about Dave today. He didn't show up for work, and it's rare he doesn't. So, you decided to go and check on him after work. But, before you left for the day, you knew you had to tell Mr. Guy about everything. It isn't fair to leave him in the dark about all this.

You knock on his office. This could go two different ways: you get fired, or he's supportive. You hope for the latter.

"Come in," Mr. Guy called out. You open the door slowly and walk inside. "Hello, Mx. (L/N). Is something wrong?"

"No, um, there's not. Actually, I have something to tell you," You say. Mr. Guy paid his full attention to you.

"Oh? If something is bothering you, you can always tell me. I'm here for you," he informed you. You smiled, gratefully. You just hope he carries that energy after you tell him. You really hope he won't be mad, considering he is one of your best friends, even if he is your manager.

"Okay, thank you. So, I've told you about the kiss, and how I was going to say something. Well, I wasn't the one to say something. He was," Mr. Guy smiled, happy for you. "I just wanted to tell you about the situation. I don't want you to be mad at me for this."

"Why would I get mad-"

"I'm dating Dave."

"WHAT?!" Mr. Guy yelled out, shocked. He stares at you, trying to find any hint of a lie. You avoid eye contact. "I- uh, sorry. That's something I didn't expect. Though, it does explain quite a lot. I'm happy for you two!"

"Thank you! Wow, that's a relief!" You exclaim, letting out a breath you were holding. You won't be getting fired, and he's okay with it.

"I was just about to head out. We should let Joan have her shift now, I suppose."

You both left the restaurant, saying bye to each other. Now you have to make the short drive to the Walmart parking lot. What if he isn't even there? What if he doesn't want to see you? You try not to think about it. You just want to make sure he's okay.

.............................................

You knock on the vehicle named "the love bus". You're still confused about that, but you don't feel like asking. You wait a second before the door swings open.

"Wot-" He notices it's you and smiles. "Hello, darlin',  didn't expect to see ya tonight!"

"Why didn't you show up? Everyone was worried," You ask. Well, everyone except Jeremy of course. He wouldn't care if Dave disappeared. 

"Ah, I set my alarm wrong. Did ya miss me?" Dave smirks.

"More worried, but I was quite lonely without you," You admit. Dave steps out of the bus, the door closing behind him. You look to the side, seeing headlights approaching. Dave looks too and panics. The blue truck (that seems very familiar) continues speeding toward the bus.

"Woah- Woah, hey! Stop! Oi!" Dave yells at the person driving.

"It's not stopping!" You recognize that voice. Then it hits you; Jeremy. "I can't find the brakes!"

"Wh- It's the one on the left!" Dave tells him. The truck turns and faces the bus, almost about to hit it, before it brakes. You see that it is mere inches away from hitting the bus. Dave pulls at his hair, stressed. You watch him, before looking at Jeremy.

"Oh, 'sup, guys!" Jeremy greets. "What are you doing out here on a Monday night?"

You notice the truck still moving, and your eyes widen. Dave seems to have noticed too, as he goes up to Jeremy's truck. "Jeremy..." You try to alert him.