Chapter Fifty

I closed the door and leaned on it, arms behind my back. Jake is going to kill me virtually. Sighing, i walked to the kitchen where Jessy was apparently talking with Jake. Well, they weren't talking that much but for Jake it must be a lot. As far as i know, they never talked alone, outside the group chat back then at least.

"Judith !" Jessy said, once she looked up from my computer. I smiled to her and walked behind her so Jake would see me too.

"What happened ? We couldn't really hear you and him." Jake quickly asked.

"You can't scream at me. And i have to hurry too."

"Why would i scream at you ?" He asked, confused.

"It was someone from the government, like we supposed. Alan must have mention me and they want me to go there, where he is too."

"They want you to... You can't go there."

"They won't do anything to me ! Alan will be there."

"Jake is right Judith. This could be dangerous !" Jessy said, taking one of my hand in hers.

"It won't. Listen, you can connect yourself to my phone Jake, right ?" I watch him reluctantly nod his head. "You do that and i'll keep my phone on me as long as i can. If something happen, you'll know first."

"Are you sure it's a good idea Judith ? It could be a trap." Jake said,

"I have a good feeling about this. Do you trust me ?" I said, looking right in his eyes.

"I trust you Jude. Please be careful. At any time, call me. I'll come get you if i need too."

"That's it ? You're letting Judith go ? I thought you loved her !" Jessy screamed at him. I gave her a tap on her hand, shaking my head to her. She didn't have to scream at him.

"I do love her. And i trust her with all my heart. If she says she wants to go, i'll trust her and let her go. I will still be there for Judith if needed, like i said."

"I'm a big girl Jessy, i can take care of myself. I'll stay in contact all the way there. Don't worry."

"I guess, i can't do more to have you staying here..." She actually looked sad when saying this.

I patted her head. "Don't worry, i'll be fine."

"Alright..."

"I'll text you in the car. And i'll try to gather any information of what's going on with Alan and the superior." I said, looking at Jake.

He nodded his head and put his hand in his hair. He sometimes did that when he was stressed. "Okay. Keep your phone open. Even if they tell you to close it, make it seem like you do, i'll block the unlocking button so they thing it's off. But i'll still be able to hear you via the microphone of your phone."

"Are you already in ?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes. It's much faster to do with yours because there is nothing to block the access. You can go now."

"Okay. See you after. I'll text the two of us in a minute or so." I said, looking as he nodded his head once again. I then ended the call and turned to look at Jessy that was waiting. "Jessy, you don't have to worry about a thing, everything is going to be alright." I said to her as she stood up from the chair.

"I can't help it if i'm worried about you." She said, her lip shaking a bit. I hoped she would not cry.

I sighed a bit and took her in my arm, hugging her for a second. "I promise if anything goes wrong, i'll tell Jake and he'll find a way to get me out of there."