Chapter Fifty Four

"You do know that i sleep sometimes, right ?" I said into my phone. Alan had the tendencies to call really really early. It wasn't even seven in the morning yet.

"I know, i was asleep too when i received the call. Marc Levoy called me to inform me that he put in place his plan to catch the other. I thought you would be interested." He said, and i have to admit, his voice did sound a bit more deep than habitual.

"Already ?" I furrowed my eyebrows. That was so damn fast. Not that i minded but i thought it would take so much more time.

"Yes. He had a meeting yesterday after we left and he worked with his right hand to make it happen. Seems like he does not want to have fraudsters in his government."

"Seems like it." I said, yawning. "I'll have to tell Jake." He couldn't stay the night so he got back to his apartment after eating with us.

"You do that, Levoy will probably call you this afternoon or tonight to update you. And if not, i'll do."

"Right, thanks Alan."

"You're welcome." He said before hanging up. Maybe i should be a little nicer with him. He does help us a lot.

Sighing, i sat up in my bed. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again and i wasn't going to try only to wake up an hour later. Phone still in hand i quickly pulled Jake's chat.

>Me
Alan called, Levoy is putting his plan in place today.

It took a few seconds but he actually responded. Does he never sleep ?

>Jake
Already ?

>Me
That's what i said. Alan told me that he wanted to catch the fraudsters rapidly.

>Me
What are you doing up ? It's early.

>Jake
It's actually your text that woke me up this time :)

>Me
Sorry ! You can rest a bit more if you want. I'll go for a walk or something.

>Jake
Don't worry. I'm plenty rested.

I smiled and got out of my bed. Dressing up and going downstairs, i took an apple with me and left the apartment after putting a note on the table for Jessy. That's when i thought i could go somewhere i was meant to go for some times now.

I quickly got to a flower shop with my car, buying a bouquet of zinnias and yellow roses. It had been a few days since i thought about visiting Richy's grave. But those few days had been hectic and i didn't found the time to do so. A few minutes later, i parked my car in front of the cemetery, taking the flowers with me as i got out of my vehicle.

The cemetery was silent and i could only see two other people inside of it. It wasn't the biggest cemetery in the world, which fitted the town. And it was also really early in the morning. Stopping near the entrance of it, i grabbed a pint of water and walked slowly for a few minutes, taking my time to go there. After a few steps more, i stopped.

Smiling sadly, i bent down and put the flower down while i started putting the water in one of the vases on the gravestone.

"Hey Richy, how are you today ?" I knew he would never answer, of course i knew that, but it felt right to just talk to him. I grabbed the flowers and put them out of the paper it came with and started to place them in the vase.

"We miss you. Everything's been a bit hectic, i'm sorry i couldn't come before that." I said, putting the last rose in.

"I don't know if you knew this and i don't think you really did but, Jake was with you, in the mines. He got out and i had to look after him. Well, you probably don't want to listen to my love life, right ?" I smiled a bit. He never really liked Jake.