Chapter Thirty Nine

I was woken up by my phone going off. I grumbled and took it in my hand, looking at the screen.

>Jake
Are you alright ?

What ? I scrolled back and saw that he had actually sent three other texts.

>Jake
Hello Judith :)

>Jake
Jessy promised me to not kill you when you'll wake up.

>Jake
Did she lie ? You're not answering.

I blinked my eyes, still half asleep. What ?

>Me
I'm alright ? Yes.

>Jake
Are you still asleep ?

I probably didn't respond fast enough because i could see Jake's name on my screen, signaling me that he was calling. I clumsily accepted the call, putting the phone to my ear.

" 'm alive Jake." I mumbled.

He sounded like he chuckled. "Are you sure ? I thought you were never going to answer me. I am not used to be the one who waits that long for a reply."

"What d'you mean ? It's barely the morning." I said, my eyes still closed.

"Judith. It's three in the afternoon."

"What ?" I pulled back my phone to my face, looking at the time in the corner of it. Soon enough my eyes focused. Shit, it's ten past three ?? "What the hell happened ?"

"Well, i suppose you slept for all the time you couldn't sleep. Plus, you drank a bit yesterday."

"Yes, but not enough to be pissed drunk." I said, sitting on my bed. "I never sleep past eight."

"Like i said, you probably slept more because you could rest now."

"Maybe. God, Jessy's going to think i died in my sleep." I rubbed my hand on my forehead.

"Let's hope not. She was angry yesterday." He said, humming at the end of his sentence. "And drunk."

Ah. Yes, she had drink quite a bit. "I think she was sad, most importantly. She was probably reminded of Richy. I found you but she still lose him."

"I understand. I couldn't think of losing you. I would go crazy."

"I thought i would too. But here we are now." I said, smiling at myself. "I didn't see, but Alan didn't text right ? You can see his text now, no ?"

"I can, yes. But no he didn't text. There was more than a few videos and pictures on the key i gave him. If he watch it all, he should be done by this evening. Considering that he will probably take breaks in between."

"Right. I should go and see Jessy. We'll talk later ?"

"Of course. Take care of yourself."

"You too." I hanged up and looked around me. I still can't believe i slept that much.

Standing up, i took my glasses and put them on. My eyes were hurting a bit. It did that sometimes when i woke up. Going down the stairs, i saw Jessy on the couch, talking on the phone.

"Judith ! Wait, i'll call you later Phil." She hung up and stood up.

"You could have finish your call with him, i don't mind."

"I was nearly finished anyway. Did you sleep well ? I think you did."

"I thought it was in the early morning when Jake called." I said, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, he told me to let you sleep if you didn't wake up. It was like he knew you would sleep for hours."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did." I shook my head. "He was laughing at me when i told him it was eight in the morning."

"I would laugh too. So, did you sleep well then ?"

"The best sleep i have ever had. Never thought i could sleep like that."

"Good, do you have anything planed for today ?"

"No ? I mean, not that i know of. Why ?"

"Fancy a trip to the Aurora ? You never saw it and it's been weeks since you came here."

It was inevitable. "Was that what the phone call was about ?"

"Nope. Well, i called him to see if he had reopened the bar. And he said yes, so i thought we could go there. No drinks, i drank too much yesterday i had a hungover because of the wine."

"Sure, just... let me take a shower." She nodded and i left again.

Let's just say, i took the best shower ever.

"Alright, i'm ready. Shall we go ?"

"Yep ! Can we go with your bike ? I liked it last time."

"Sure, just grab the helmet." I took mine and waited for her outside.

"Let's go !"

I placed my phone on the phone holder against the board and started the bike after putting the Aurora's address in it.

"I would have asked Jake to come, but i don't know if he's allowed to go to a bar. With him being wanted."

"He would probably do his best to come, even if the FBI was there." I joked, pushing my visor in front of my eyes. Jessy did the same and sat behind me. "That's just how he is." I whispered before staring the bike.

But thinking about it, it could be funny, seeing Phil and Jake interact. Maybe i'll text him when i arrive there.