Chapter Twelve

My computer was on my knees, the screen of it lightening my face and the bedroom. It was late, past two in the morning. But i couldn't sleep.

After my call with Alan, we had called the rest of the group and all met here. With us three knowing, we had to tell the other about Richy. It didn't go well. As expected. We all broke down crying. And i know that it's a lot of crying, but it was as expected when you lose someone you love.

We stayed a bit all together, trying to see the reality. We wouldn't see Richy again, but we had an idea that it would happen. I tried to comfort Lilly with saying that they hadn't found any other body. It seemed to bring a bit of hope in her. And i hoped that it wasn't in vain.

That's why i was here now. It's been three hours since i started working. I had in mind to find how to localize someone. But i didn't know much. It was harder then i thought, being a sort of hacker. I didn't realize until now, but Jake had done so much more than i thought he did. Everything i had to do back then, he already did the third of it.

Sighing, i brushed my hands on my eyes, letting my reading glasses fall on the bed. I would go nowhere like this. If only Jake had told me how he did it ! Because the simple stuff i found on the internet, were not helping at all.

I wouldn't be able to find Jake like this. I didn't even know if he still had his phone. It could have been in the backpack that burnt. Or he could have dropped it in the fire. Or something else. I don't know. I couldn't ask Alan, he would know that i was searching for something. Someone.

I was literally searching something that i didn't know if it existed anymore. I was looking for a phone that had likely burnt. Great.

"Damn." I let my fist bump my thigh. I won't find anything.

Sighing, i closed my computer. It was nearly three in the morning and i was exhausted. The day we had spend was enough to make me want to sleep for an eternity. I should try to sleep.

When morning came, or more when i woke up, it felt like i never got any sleep. It was only nine in the morning. But i wouldn't sleep much more. I got up from the bed, putting my glasses on because my eyes were still hurting me. I usually didn't put them on, just when they were hurting.

When i reached the living room, Jessy was already up. She looked up from her phone, greeting me.

"Did you sleep at all ? You look like you didn't sleep at all." If i could call that a greeting.

"I slept. Just not much and not good."

She stood up, walked to me and point at my face. "I didn't know you had glasses."

"I know." I smirked, going into the kitchen like i lived here. "My head is hurting, that's why i need them. Looking at a screen for so much hours in the dark will do that to you. Plus the crying, but we don't talk about that."

I took a cup and poured coffee in it. Jessy learn later on that i liked coffee better than tea and started to buy some even when i told her i was fine without it.

"Do you want some ibuprofen ?" She asked, standing up.

"If you have some ? Thank you." I opened my hand so Jessy could pass me the pill that i swallowed with a sip of coffee.

"So, what were you doing up so late ?"

"I was trying to learn how to localize someone."

"You were trying to find a lead for Jake, right ?" Jessy smiled sadly, taking her cup in hand.

"I tried. But i'm no hacker. I'm not as good as he is."

"You'll find something soon, i can feel it. And you found Hannah, you can find Jake now."