Chapter Six

I hadn't slept at all. I kept thinking about what went wrong. About how i should have stopped Jake from going. And stopped Richy from doing what he did. Even if i hadn't know then that he would put fire to the mine with himself in it.

So i can't help myself but try. I'm only human.

>Me
Jake, please answer that...

>Me
The mine caught fire. The man without a face... It was Richy. He told me that he wanted to burn the mine after helping Hannah and himself. Making it so Michael would have been the one to do that. But he couldn't do that, not after getting shot by Dan.

>Me
Please, please tell me that you weren't inside anymore. Tell me you had time to go out !

>Me
Jake... I love you. I love you so much it actually hurt. I pray and pray that all of that is just a nightmare.

I stopped myself from sending any more messages. What good would that do ? The 'Jake is now offline' was mocking me. And i didn't even know if my messages were coming through.

Sighing, i got up and opened the door silently. If i was hearing good, Jessy was asleep. She had cried for a long time before i stopped hearing her. She must been exhausted. I had in mind to make breakfast, even if i wouldn't eat any of it.

In the kitchen, i quickly found myself working. I had found eggs in the fridge. That would have to do for now. As i don't think Jessy will eat that much too. Picking a pan, i opened the stove and put the pan on it with a bit of butter.

Ten minutes later, the scrambled eggs were in a plate, on the table. I was taking the orange juice out of the fridge when i heard a noise behind me. Turning around, Jessy was just entering the kitchen.

I smiled at her, putting the juice on the table.

"I took the liberty to make breakfast. It's just eggs, sorry."

She sat down, smiling lightly at me. "It's alright, i like eggs."

"Good. I made tea too." I said, putting the tea-pot on the table with a cup next to it. Sitting down too, i just picked a glass of juice, looking at her while she took the tea.

"You don't eat ?" She moved her head to the side, picking a bit of eggs on her fork.

"No. I'm not hungry. Don't worry about that." I smiled again while she eyed me suspiciously. Not only i never eat the morning, but wouldn't be hungry for a long time. I never want to eat when i'm anxious. And right now, my anxiety is at its top.

"Alright... Thank you for making breakfast Judith."

"That's the least i could do as you're letting me stay here."

"Hmhm, even with the circumstances, i'm happy that you're here."

I smiled again, even if i had to forced it a little. Drinking my juice, i thought about how i would have to speak with Alan Bloomgate. Maybe i should speak with him sooner than later. I wanted to be done with all of that. And i didn't want to think about it anymore. But i knew this wouldn't be possible.

"Are you going to see the other today ?" I asked Jessy who was putting his plate in the sink after throwing the leftovers in the trash.

"The other are probably going to try and see Hannah. You should come too. After all it's thanks to you that she's alive."

"It's thanks to Jake that she's alive right now. Not me." I said, smiling sadly. "But i'll have to decline. I'll text Alan that i'll come to the police office. I want to be done as soon as possible."

"I understand... Are you going now ?"

"I think, yeah. Just have to message him. I probably won't wait until he answer." As he ignore me sometimes. But well.